I recommend...

Z

Any non-academic recommendations for other postgrads? I recommend fingerless gloves! They seem to have made a comeback and are in all the shops. Keeps your hands cosy but can still type away in garret :) Can't bring myself to put the heating on just yet (snowman)

There is no way I'm putting on the heating until december - and then hopefully I'll go to my parents for xmas and use their heating. So I have fingerless gloves (with mitten bits that button back for extra warmth when not typing), a hat thing with ear flap bits - the kind of one tree protestors wear lol, and I have many big chunky knit cardies which go over my other clothes - also got ugg-like slippers (they are actually slippers, not uggs) to wear with thick socks.

I recommend buying a fluffy dog, my dog is not really fluffy enough to be warm - should have got a dulux dog.

C

It's the tips of my fingers that get cold the most so fingerless gloves just don't work for me.

My recommendation of the week is do a big cook on sunday. As well as making Sunday's dinner I made a big casserole that did for dinner last night and enough for tonight. The remaoning (uncooked veg) will make a stir fry tomorrow. Easier and cheaper than grabbing something quick on the way home.

Z

Now that's the joy, as Sneaks pointed out, of fingerless gloves these days. They have a wee bit which turn them into cosy mittens. Fingerless when typing, cosy gloves when reading. Got mine from Asda for a fiver. Like the food tip as economical and probably healthier as well. I do have a dog and that is definitely a cosy measure but also great to get the blood pumping and escape from Phd for a while on lovely autumnal walks. Also she's curled up on my feet just now under the desk which is nice and warm although the squeaky ball is a little distracting :)