I've been flamed on myspace

S

(thumbup) (thumbdown)

nearly

P

sue: I have to admit I had a look at DanB's myspace site yesterday - and it let me look at it once, but later it said it was only for private viewing or something along those lines. Weird.

I don't know anything about myspace either, but I was shocked by how much detail people reveal about themselves - full name, place of residence, qualifications. Is all that identity theft stuff an issue, or is that just media hype?

S

You mean is identity theft an issue here as opposed to in Australia? I can't really say more than "it hasn't happened to me, so it's not an issue" It's bank details which are the main thing, and someone would have to very silly to put those on myspace It was recently shown on Watchdog - a TV programme we have here where the general public basically complain complain complain in an attempt to expose issues. The Watchdog people got loads of bank and personal details from rubbish bins outside banks across the UK. It's great! (although I'm a bigger fan of Rogue Traders - Watchdog but with added humour).

T

Cheers Team

K

Did anyone watch "The Real Hustle" over xmas? It showed how you could gain access to someone's house using a bank statement or utility bill and telliing a locksmith that you had locked yourself out - then they burgled the house!

S

(thumb up)

S

(upthumb)???

S

I give up

less thumb and more up

T

(lessthumbandmoreup)

PGFT you fibbed, that doesn't work

S

Thanks