is anyone using their heating

I'm not allowed to use our heating ever - even in the depths of winter - on environmental grounds, To compensate, I strap many hot water-bottles to my person and eat lots of chilli - luckily I adore super-hot food!

B

Ev, hot food makes opposite effect. That's why it's used in hot climate countries. Eating hot chilies increase the body temperature so it decreases difference of temperature with the surrounding and you feel less hot. Besides it stimulates sweating which cools the body.

S

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Quote From starfish:

What is wrong with you all?? I am sitting here in Scotland with the windows still open most evenings and all night in the bedroom most nights.

I'll tell you what's wrong. I don't know what it's like north of the border, but where I am if I leave my window open I get massive moths flying in. These aren't just any moths either. They're kamikaze moths that dive bomb, so big and thick that they sound like bats flapping their wings. Instead, I'm resigned to having to keep my windows closed, just listening to them butt my window - bumph, bumph, bumph. I hate summer.

wally this is so true!!! there're lots of moths where I am too; yes so annoying!!! Also lots of flies in the alley.

Ev, are you living with people who won't let you use the heating? How do you get by winter? I had a housemate like that (2 years ago) she did not allow the rest of us to use any heating because she wanted to save money to bring home. For her, a masters degree is just another way to earn money. I think that was her 3rd masters. After that, I didn't want to share house with people who won't use heating.

Sneaks still no response from the real estate people.
love satchi

S

Yeah we get a few moths, but I just can't sleep if it is so hot :-( Worse than the moths though are the bird noises at 4am, or cats fighting outside waking us up. Who knew seagulls could be so noisy. So quiet and hot, or a bit cooler but noisy.
Anyway, my point was if I had the heating on just now I would melt away, I'm not sure how you can cope with it on.