Is it me, or have you noticed...

M

Have you noticed that reapplying vaseline or ANY lip balm makes you completely dependent on it and makes your lips crack even more?? Disgusting. What a scam..

J

Quote From maria1:

Have you noticed that reapplying vaseline or ANY lip balm makes you completely dependent on it and makes your lips crack even more?? Disgusting. What a scam..

I suffer from this exact predicament. :-(

Hi, I'm Jinkim and I'm addicted to lipbalm.

J

Is it me, or have you noticed that the more work you have to do, the more time you seem to have to procrastinate?

Quote From jinkim65:

Quote From maria1:

I suffer from this exact predicament. :-(

Hi, I'm Jinkim and I'm addicted to lipbalm.

try vitamin E lip balm from the body shop - it is the only one i have found that hasn't done this.

O

Quote From maria1:

It's the same at my uni. 50% of undergraduate girls dress this way. Habe you noticed that they also have very husky voices? I was brought up in Italy, so I hadn't come across a rah until i did my MA.

Yes, I have noticed they have husky voices. Do you think it's innate (they could all be closely related) or acquired? I always assume that all of them live in West London and want to be TV presenters. For anyone old enough to remember her, the original one of these was Amanda De Cadenet....

C

I don't care what you lot think, I love my flip flops and I wear them as soon as the weather gets warm enough! Never really understood the feet=horrible thing. Ok they can smell, but then in they are out in the fresh air ala flipflops then they tend not too.

Anyway sticking with the chocolate thing has anyone noticed how expensive a pint is these days? ok so this is different accross the country (and the world) but down in brighton your lucky now if a pint is below 3.50! sigh I remember they days of living up north and getting pints for less than £2.

Hi Jinkim, yes, I am a fellow Merseysider! There's my anonymity slipping further and further away... Cans of diet coke are still cheap at 25p each, that's the best price I've ever seen.

W

Well, it might have cost a bomb, but the chocolate rabbit was delicious; it was one of those where you could have eaten another straight after. I've been reconnoitring my local area to see if any of the shops closer to home sell them. No joy so far. Hypocrite though it may make me, my lust for chocolate means that no expense can be spared.

Which brings me to my next keen observation. Is it me, or have you noticed that you can have days where you're really focused with your work, but other days where you just aren't and don't achieve very much. Despite the psychological sand timer in my head draining away, I've been more interested in procuring and eating chocolate today. Such a lot to do, so little time, but such a hunger for chocolate and to get in contact with some mates I haven't had a good chat with for a while... And, and I'm off to a concert this weekend. It's an indie gig, which will probably mean a bit of singing along, a few beers and, perish the though, a trip to the moshing pit. Rock on, Tommy!

J

Quote From chrisrolinski:

Quote From sneaks:

is it just me or am I the only woman who does not have obviously dyed black 'stripper' style hair, an orange face or wear leggings, ugg boots and some kind of boho top? Surely when this fashion is so widespread then it is not fashionable any more?

On a similar theme, at least at my university (large city) the undergraduate "Rah" girls all seem to walk around in Ugg boots and pyjama trousers with messed up hair and a polo t-shirt on. And their male counterparts the same, but with big slouchy and baggy grey marl cotton tracksuit trousers.

Insane. In Sainsburys and in the library, or out in the street!

sigh.

No it isn't just your uni - and here is my version: I take second year under grads to Barcelona on fieldwork staying in a three star (ie not totally crap and actually very nice) hotel.  A group of undergrad girls used to come down to breakfast in their pyjamas & slippers (complete with makeup, straightened hair) - when I asked them not to because some people (I didn't say it was me) found it offensive they were very indignant and said their was nothing wrong with it and it was quite normal in Liverpool. The really ridiculous thing is that these were special pyjamas for breakfast as when I had to go into their room to wake them at 10 on the last day (when we should have left at 9.30) they were wearing sleeping clothes.  So they had sleeping clothes, breakfast pyjamas (which were rolled down so they hardly covered what my grannie would have called their modesty) and then they changed into going out for the day clothes (plus presumably they brought going out at night clothes). Needless to say uggs, leggings and cropped tops featured and sensible (for fieldwork) shoes and rucksacks did not!

J

when I asked them not to because some people (I didn't say it was me) found it offensive they were very indignant and said their was nothing wrong with it and it was quite normal in Liverpool.

Haha... As far as i know in the Merseyside area, Tesco have banned people wearing pajama's to the shop saying it lowers the decency.

Also, is it me, or have you noticed that men are wearing the colour pink, and Uggs far too much. Ugh. Gross. What ever happened to masculinity?

W

Quote From jinkim65:

when I asked them not to because some people (I didn't say it was me) found it offensive they were very indignant and said their was nothing wrong with it and it was quite normal in Liverpool.

Haha... As far as i know in the Merseyside area, Tesco have banned people wearing pajama's to the shop saying it lowers the decency.

Also, is it me, or have you noticed that men are wearing the colour pink, and Uggs far too much. Ugh. Gross. What ever happened to masculinity?

There's a name for it, Jimkim65: metrosexualism. I can't afford (or be bothered) to be one of them because membership requires you to file your nails, wear moisturisers, pluck your eyebrows (in some cases), do fancy things with you hair using 'modelling gel' - and now it seems you have to wear ugg boots and pink...

S

Quote From chrisrolinski:

======= Date Modified 17 Mar 2010 12:06:50 =======
Urgh! Flip flops! (aka thongs)

I have never understood why people wear them, least of all men. Especially those with hirsuite toes. There is probably not a sight more revolting (other then completely rotten teeth horror pictures on the internet) then a big lumpy mishapen male big-toe poking through a flip flop. Especially since said toes are often poorly cut (the nail looks like it has been shortened with teeth or a hacksaw) and have the inevitable fungal infection.

Hahaha!!! You're so right Chrisrolinski!! Ah, that's funny, horrific and so true...

======= Date Modified 17 Mar 2010 21:10:53 =======
hey Jinkim, Tescos may have banned pyjama wearing, but sommerfields actively encourages it - I think they have pyjama loyalty card, wear 'em two nights on the run and you get a free bag of dorritos. Have you been to Topshop on a Saturday afternoon? Shoals of girls in full make-up, giant sized rollers and PJs or day wear (Ugg boots etc) presumably choosing that night's outfit, it's the scouse day look.

Because I teach in art schools I've started to think blue streaks are the norm, and am wondering if I could work them into my look - they are infectious. Actually, I'd really lke bright red or pink hair, but probably not for very long.

J

To be honest Eska, I avoid Liverpool City Centre like the plague during weekends (and most other times). I get pedestrian rage (much like road rage), and the hoards of pajama wearing teens, and frail old ladies does nothing for my patience.

Another thing I've noticed recently, on top of pajama's as day wear; is people wearing leggings as if they were trousers. Sometimes I want to tap people on the shoulder and say "excuse me love, but your leggings have stretched so much over your bottom that I can now see your spotty pink knickers... perhaps wear jeans next time or a dress/skirt." This frustrates me even more because my mother (being the fashionista she is) has taken to wearing 'jeggings' with long jumpers, and I find it highly disturbing that not only is my mother following fashion much more that I ever could/would, but she's following possibly the worst fashion there is*.

*No offence to anyone who does wear leggings as trousers or jeggings.

W

Quote From jinkim65:

*No offence to anyone who does wear leggings as trousers or jeggings.

None taken, Jimkim65 :-s