Job Interviews - starting to panic!

D

Well I've had lots of first round telephone interviews, and one face to face, but now I have four final round face-to-face interviews in the next two weeks. The one I want most of all is this first one on Tuesday and I'm really starting to panic!

I've been fine with the phone interviews, have built good rapport with the interviewers, asked all the right questions and they were interested enough to put me through to the next round. But now it steps up a level and I'm a bit out of practise!

What things do you find help you when you're faced with two people asking you lots of probing questions? I have to give a short presentation on a recent project as well, which should be interesting as the industry I work in now is quite different to the one I will be going to. But I just remember back to when I was first jobhunting a couple of years ago and how horrid the panel interviews were.

Agh, just any advice/words of wisdom/ words of comfort will be greatly appreciated!

A

Words of comfort really and then the usual advice. Repeat the question back to them if you are trying to clarify it, or even as a time thinking device for yourself. If you have already spoken to these guys on the phone a few times I think it would be a good idea to occasionally insert that in the conversation, as in "as we discussed last week...". It reminds them which guy you are as no doubt they have spoken to a few people already. Try to make your presentation memorable - what I mean is when they are discussing you later, make sure that they will remember YOUR presentation as opposed to chap who comes after you.

I come from a customer service background where it was drummed, no beaten, into us the importance of using people's names. So every so often, use one or both of their names. "That's an interesting point you make DanB!"

Good luck with it (up)

C

Hi DanB
I've got some interview and I see that the best preparation I can do is practice carefully for the questions that the recruiters often ask. They don't change so much.
Below questions list you can refer. I often use it because there're suggestions attached.
http://typicalinterviewquestions.info/45-interview-questions-and-answers/
You don't say what position and you apply, so, use search box to find more specialized interview questions I guess.