Just heard some bad news

S

Athina is in the hospital. I just found out from a colleague of hers (we are in the same uni). I do not know exactly what is wrong but it must be something with her heart. He parents and brother came from Greece.. I don't know how serious it is. She also took the term off already. I hope she will be ok soon :-(

A

Poor Athina, fingers crossed for her speedy recovery.

S

Definitely! She has to have a surgery as soon as possible but at the moment, her very high flu makes it impossible. So, we are waiting... Thats all I know and I got very down tonight. It also made me reconsider things and see my PhD and all the stress that comes with it from another perspective!

S

DanB just sent me an email on this, hence an unscheduled return to the board for me. Sara, please pass on my best wishes to her.

S

I will sylvester. Nice to see you here again. What email?

M

Best wishes from me too! How did that happen? Did she have a problem with her heart already?

Hi Sylvester! Where have you been???

S

I dont know, she never told me anything (not that I know her for that long). I am just shocked because I saw her almost a week ago when she got back from a holiday and she looked very happy and "healthy". The person who told me about it said that she does not want visitors, so noone has seen her from her department. I think I will just send some flowers or something.

S

Please pass on my wishes too Sara, should you get the chance! And let us know as soon as you find out more about how things are going.

H

Pass on all our good wishes, sorry to hear she is unwell, it was only last week I was wondering where she had got to.

Maria_z I bet sylvester has been hiding from his stalker, YOU!

M

Thanks H. I thought that your new year's resolution would be to be nice with people.

H

Yes of course it was, I just found it extrememly freaky that you came back on the forum at the exact moment you saw sylvester's post.

M

Following with the same logic, sylvester came on line when he heard something bad about athina. Isnt that equally freaky?

H

Yeah, so he must love Athina.

Actually if you could read what he posted properly, DanB sent him an email telling him about Athina.

M

Yes, but he could avoid commenting!

T

Yep, please let her know that everyone on this forum is thinking of her