Lack of daily progress - identifying the reasons

C

My main reason for lack of progress remains the same.....I'm just no good at getting up in the moring! which means I average late morning or lunchtime as arrival time, thus losing the mornign for productive time. On the rare days I do get in early I'm tiredand generally don't feel much like working!

Sore bottom is a perfect exuse not to work! I've been getting pain in my periformis (sp?) muscle, either caused by running or by sitting down for long periods of time. Now I can't stop running so the answer is simple I'm going to have to dtop sitting at a computer....perfect excuse for an early pre christmas break (aka getting christmas shopping done while there aren't all the crowds). Hmm wonder if my sups will go with this as a good excuse for lack of work!

P

or sometimes, just a little trigger of something negative happening (by phone or email or ftf) and then coinciding with a bad day and CRASH.

No amount of pending work and nothing at all can pull one out of it.

Sorry to be cynical, but it's a miserable, miserable day.

So sorry to hear that Bug! But, yes, I know what you mean. In my experience the best thing to do is go with it and work when you're more open to it; otherwise I find myself going round in circles. Good luck and look after yourself today. x Must dash and catch the shops!

J

consider it to be thinking time! a lot of my time is 'thinking' at the moment..thinking about all the books I have to read...about all the journal articles I printed off when uni arranged access to a large number of usually unavailable journals for a few weeks which I still ahve to deal with...for all the other cuttings I've still to read... still I have the holidays coming up soon, which is when I hope to crack on with these tasks, at least that's the theory anyway :-)

C

Everytime I talk or do stuff, I keep thinking that I'm having out-of-body experiences. It's such a strange feeling!
Is that a good enough 'peculiar reason' for not doing any work?

I'm not on drugs.

C

Quote From Cobweb:

I'm not on drugs.

You lie.

V

Quote From Cobweb:

Everytime I talk or do stuff, I keep thinking that I'm having out-of-body experiences. It's such a strange feeling!

Is that a good enough 'peculiar reason' for not doing any work?

I'm not on drugs.
Well if you die, then yes I would say that is a very good reason for not working.
(up)