Ladies: I hate the fact that this makes me feel better!

J

Fair play to her but I think she looked fine before... I'd need double the airbrushing to even look like the before picture! haha.

Pretty people make me sick! :-s

S

hi Sneaks
how long did the pill take to clear up your skin?
I'm not taking anything. I remember someone once told me that the pill makes us put on weight. Also I had seen one friend; this could be a coincidence, but she did look a lot rounder after she went on the pill.

I have also marks on my back; its also because I got chicken pox late (at 20) so theres a lot of scarring. The acne doesn't seem to go away too. Its not so bad on my face but on my back, yes. I have a few spots on my chest as well.

satchi

S

hi again sneaks
I am also afraid of getting pigmentation spots on my face; is this true that going on the pill means they will start appearing on our faces?

I guess I am still afraid of eating medicine. If I go on the pill, where do I go for it? Should I see my gp or I can get it from the pharmacist?

L

Satchi - where did you hear you'd get pigmentation marks from?! I've been on the pill for nearly 10 years now and I have to say I haven't noticed that I've put any weight on or anything (infact I have to say that I think it might be an excuse people use) but I do get very bloated around my period and I do get period pain, also it hasn't helped my mood swings when I have PMT BUT I do have nice clear skin! I've found the period pain/PMT has gotten worse as I've gotten older and more stressed though so this is probably the cause.

Everyone reacts to the different brands of pill differently - it's really a case of trial and error. Go and see your GP/Family Planning Clinic and talk it over with them, what you want the pill to do for you, and they'll start you off on the right brand. You might not get it right first time but it's worth pursuing.

it really depends on they type of pill you are on Satchi. Dianette and Yasmin are similar pills and I think they are anti-androgen pills (I'm no chemist!) so they help regulate dodgy hormones that can cause acne. I don't think it caused any weight gain, and if it does its only 3 or 4 llbs - nothing that a healthy diet and exercise regime wouldn't wipe out in 2 weeks or less.

Go to your GP and ask about the best one for you, although if they do prescribe a contraceptive pill to control acne, make sure they put it down as a contraceptive - then you get it free (if you're in UK).

The main risk with the pill is deep vein thrombosis, but as long as you have a good blood pressure and your BMI is ok, then it should be fine!