let's do come dine with me: I'll go first!

P

Ok Sneaks, decision made, the punch was good, the chicken excellent, the house cosy, the conversations delightful and the host lively!

10 on 10 from me!

:-)

Hhhmm, a classic come dine with me menu, me thinks. Am sure it will be delicious nevertheless. I had a nose around up stairs and sneak's mother in law was sitting in the spare room clutching a near empty bottle of white lightning, apparently it was meant to go in the punch, but she and her mates got to it first. Tripped over the dog on the way down stairs: looked as if he hasn't had a good walk for a long, long time, very down, so I let him out into the back yard.

Nicked a black top hat from on top of Sneak's wardrobe and we've all had a go of trying it on; Sneaks has an awful lot of black clothes up there.

The cooking was alright, if a bit burnt: Sneaks seem to have a laptop in the kitchen and kept going on these internet forum things; couldn't settle to doing any proper work or concentrate properly...

C

Quote From sneaks:

If you would like a veggie option, I can easily make one.....

out of meat.

:-(

sorry it's a 4/10 then (and I've pinched one of your black tops as I realised I had toothpaste on mine! hope that's ok)

Ok Wal, you need to leave now, you've been in my house for 2 days. And Eska I want my hat back :-s

FYI, the punch was made out of cherry sourz and Irn Bru (up)

W

Actually Sneaks, I haven't had the chance to take a look around your house or try any of your food. I'm going to review your dinner party later, so I'd be on my best behaviour, be the perfect host, if I were you...

W

So Sneak's banquet... Firstly, I don't like the fact that I had to eat food off a naked man's chest - that's just dirty, sexist and exploitative. There's are rules against such sexist conduct. The poor man looked like he'd been beaten and forced into it. Secondly, I not that Sneak's menu was basically an edible heart attack - so much saturated fat! As a result I have put back on all the weight I have lost since Xmas and you have probably shortened my life span by about 3 years. No-one can see into the future to learn their fate, but I believe I can take a bloody good guess of what mine is: myocardial infarction.
The only one saving grace of your meal was what I thought was going to be a lovely cheese cake. To bad I saw the Asda smart price range box in the bin - cheapskate. Would have been nice to have some beer too - but all there was was punch and I don't like punch. I'm going to give you a 10 minus the number of years you have shortened my lifespan by (5), which leaves you with 5 points. That's not bad given that it is more than the UK ever usually gets in the Eurovision song contest.

Aww rubbish. Naked man food is clear CDWM tradition surely?? remember the guy with the sushi on the naked man?

I may decide to change my scores at some point - another CDWM tradition, so watch your step Wal! It wasn't asda, it was iceland, far classier!

whose next?

W

Errrrrrrrr, that's rank! I'll be damned if I'm eating off a naked man. I was going to start watching CDWM. Not now, not if that's what it descends to. I hope that the next celebrity PhD student to host a dinner injects some decorum into proceedings - because so far I'm the only one that has. Eska's dinner involved indecency, Bug's involved getting nude, Sneak's involved a naked man. Hmm...I'm beginning to detect some kind of trend here.

T

I can't believe I missed all this! Hot tubs, naked servants....... my goodness my guiness as my dear aunty Jill would say.
Who's serving next? Can I join as a late-coming rogue entrant to messs up the scores?

P

I think Catalinbond is hosting an all veggie dinner next, where we all might need to go naked...

Wally,... be careful else you might offend the naturalist society...I'd give you a link but regrettably vodfone content control prevents me from googling their images...

:-)

My do was perfectly respectable! If Keith Floyd inspired...

The naked man thing only happened once on CDWM, and it got really low scores because people felt uncomfortable; however, I was at a conference once at which the starter of a mixed exotic fruit buffet was served from the naked body a young lady. Watching uncomfortable middle aged academics who had landed a seat at the difficult end of the table was priceless, worth all the poverty of PhD-ing.

C

I remember the sushi one. Thanks for the link made my toes curl watching it again! I seem to remember that one being quite a nice one where they all pretty much got on too.

Now to mine for a veggie feast that'll turn even sneaks to eating vegetables (though I may have to check your handbags on the door to ensure no meaty contraband makes it in!)

I live in a Georgian terrace with high ceilings so the Christmas decs are still up as the ladder is broken. Dinner will be served by two cats that have been trained to carry trays on their backs. They shall be the only ones going naked tonight I'm afraid!

Drinks on arrival: Gin Mojitos served with canapés of puff pastry (bought sorry) olives and feta

Starter: Grilled Haloumi and vegetable kebabs served with mint and lemon dressing, toasted pitta bread and salad garnish.

Main: Leek, Lemon and asparagus risotto topped with rocket and optional vegetarian parmesan

Dessert: Meringue (please rise and don't burn!) topped with mixed berries with raspberry coulis

After dinner drinks: vodka espresso martinis (vodka, coffee liqueur, and vanilla sugar syrup, coffee shaken with ice and strained into martini glass)

can you cut up all the veg (especially the leeks) really small please i.e. grate it into the food, so I can't feel the texture! I might like it then. I tried haloumi for the first time last week - not too keen on 'city slickers' pub food (houmous, pitta, roasted red peppers, haloumi) but as haloumi is cheese I will give it a go. Might have to lose a point on the puff pastry, although you admitted it, so whose to tell.

T

Catalin this is all delicious, although I question the morals of vegetarian using feline slaves...... be honest, did you get ethics approval for that? They are very cute but I swear the little one knicked my feta canape.

The after dinner drinks are one of my favs so top marks there. Then again, combined with the gin to start - I suspect you could be trying to bump up your scores through the power of inebriation!

Oh well, I'm as a merry as a meercat ("simples!"), so have some slightly crushed flowers and a score of 8.