Lost my voice - REALLY!

I

The strangest thing happened on Thursday - out of the blue (I haven't been ill), I started to go croaky, then my vocal range got narrower, and narrower, until... I had no voice left at al. AT ALL!!

One of my students is deaf and can lip-read, so that was great - he was helping others to understand me, but it has been mostly frustrating. It's creeping back today though - yey!

I've been trying to whisper at people and writing notes over the weekend, and guess what happens when you do that? People actually whisper/write back! (If you don't believe me, try it.)

O

Hi, I am not sure whether to post it here - do you have an email account?

I

yes, oz

insomniac-forum @ hotmail.co.uk

I'm not in trouble am I...?

Get well soon

If it repeats, you better see your GP. My sister had a similar problem, it's a long story but she wouldn't have to put up with the consequences, if she got it checked early enough.

I

Thanks 404 - the thing is, I never felt UN-well! Voice returning now and I'm thinking of finding a live music bar to do some sultry jazz singing in this weekend while the deep, sexy tone lasts... after that, block your ears

yay! that sounds good

P

I completely lost my voice to in the first few months as a postgrad. It really freaked me out! I had a meeting with my supervisor where my voice started to go, in the space of 3 hours when I returned home to rest, I completely lost my voice. I couldnt speak at all. My family were so shocked!

Prior to loosing my voice, I went to the drs and was diagnoised with tonsilitis. I lost my voice for about 5 days until, I guess, the pencilin kicked in! very very strange though.

I

it's back again now, happy to say - it's one of those things that you take for granted until it's gone... like when I badly broke my leg and was in a wheel chair/crutches for 3 months. Moral: appreciate what you have while you've still got it!