Lost Post Graduate Certificate- College no longer exists

G

Hi
I hope someone can help with my dilemma. I completed my Post Grad Certificate in Special Educational Needs at St Andrew's College in Glasgow in '95. The college no longer exists but some staff etc are at Glasgow University. I contacted my tutor to ask for verification as I have lost my certificate. Whilst she remembers me she will not send any proof as no records exist!! I have tried the University, the GTC, The SQA, Scottish office to no avail. I need this urgently to secure a post abroad. I can't believe that records not 20 years old have gone!!
to no avail. I need this urgently to secure a post abroad. I can't believe that
records not 20 years old have gone!! Can anyone advise or help?

B

Two thoughts which may or may not be of any use:
1) Try to think of when you last had to show the certificate for employment purposes - someone would possibly have photocopied it and it would be worth seeing if your staff file has the copy on it. If you could trace a copy you might be able to get the university to deal with it more easily.
2) Have you tried the actual registry at Glasgow Uni - if the college merged with it, the records must have gone somewhere and someone working there is more likely than your ex tutor to know where.

Oh and is there any chance the certificate is at your parents' house? That's where my GCSE certificates were tracked down...

G

Thanks for the reply.
having used teaching agencies in London I thought (like you) they would have kept copies but apparently after 2 years they destroy them - none were kept electronically.
I have tried Galsgow Uni registry and they have no trace and at 53 yrs old - mum is not an option!!
I really appreciate your thoughts.
best wishes
x

Might there be a record of registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (or England, depending on where you taught?)

G

i have tried the GTC Scotland but no luck I'll try GTC England- thanks!!