Man versus machine!

M

As The Economist commented http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=8561999 for the Obama bid, it's gonna be Man vs Machine, the wunderkind from Illinois versus Hillary's election machine. Who would you vote for?

S

Despite his private life, Hilary's husband did a decent job when in office. If she's like him then I'd go for her.

S

I dont't like Hillary: 1)She is so establishment and 2)she puts ambitions above dignity (Lewinsky affair).

I am for Obama beause: 1) is a real outsider, 2) He is UoC and 3)
he drips talent.

S

Fair do's. To be honest, I don't know anything about the other guy yet. Isn't there a third guy as well?

U

not sure who to vote. Although I'm not allowed to vote. I read the auto-biography of Bill Clinton and found it very impressive ('My life').

BTW: is it true that Gordon Brown received a PhD when he was 21?

S

BTW, Maria, in response to an earlier post, yes i'm very well thanks and no, I'm not a freak (or no one has told me to my face anyway!). Been very busy and trying not to get addicted to this board.

M

It was just strange that you said that you came back just because you heard about Athina. All this interest....

S

Nope, DanB sent me an email. "all this interest" you mention is purely as one who cares about a friend who I've had a number of conversations with and have got to know.

M

Not because Athina likes you?

S

We don't have that sort of relationship. My main concern is that she pulls through all this.

S

Hmmm, Sylvester... Athina asked separately about you

M

There you go!

S

Maybe she did, but we don't have that sort of relationship!

P

ULUG you are right. Gordon Brown went to the University of Edinburgh at 16.

M

I love the way people use this forum to talk about whatever interests them. Threads are so restrictive, aren't they?