Olympic Team Show Jumping

O

Wow--heart stopping action! US and Switzerland tied for first--Britain I think in fourth place behind Sweden in third. Wooohoo--more jumping tomorrow. This is great stuff!!!!!!!!!!

S

What day does the men's flower arranging take place? When is darts going to be part of the Olympics?

O

Quote From sylvester:

What day does the men's flower arranging take place? When is darts going to be part of the Olympics?

You have missed the men's flower arranging event, but there is still team flower arranging, I think that is in the next day or so, no doubt with prime time TV coverage, and darts--well--wasn't that the sport that started it all back in ancient Greece??!!!

S

I think it was dominoes that started the Olympic movement. Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that I've found a clip of GB winning gold in the diving on Youtube (funnier with sound).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEPDlL45xw

Quote From olivia:

Quote From sylvester:

You have missed the men's flower arranging event, but there is still team flower arranging, I think that is in the next day or so, no doubt with prime time TV coverage, and darts--well--wasn't that the sport that started it all back in ancient Greece??!!!

O

Quote From sylvester:

I think it was dominoes that started the Olympic movement. Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that I've found a clip of GB winning gold in the diving on Youtube (funnier with sound).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEPDlL45xw

Quote From olivia:

Quote From sylvester:

Ahhh, you are one of the domino theorists ( related to the ancient Olympic games, not in reference to 20th century spread of communism theories)...and I am one of the dartists. Didn't this whole controversy arise when the dominoes and the darts were found side by side? Now, the dartists as you know subscribe to the theory that what is seen as a domino is really just the dartboard--that the holes are where the darts pierced the dartboard---and are not in fact dominoes at all. But...one of the more interesting debates about the ancient world, to be sure! 8-)