Pancakes!

D

How many did you have?

I managed three, with lots of brown sugar and lemon :-x

Hi DanB, I had two ar three on Sunday and have just had three now. All with lemon and sugar, mmmmmmmmmm. I have mroe mix in the kitchen, but my stomach is soooo fulllll. Maybe have the rest for breakfats tomorrow.

M

None yet but the batter is almost ready and I intend to experiment with fruit, spices and of course chocolate dots :)

W

No pancakes for me. I had a tin of Heinz Ravioli, warmed up.

C

I had a can of lentils, warmed up too. (sprout)

A

I had two last night with Nutella - YUM YUM! not managed any tonight though, bit of horrid stressed tummy today :( maybe the mix will be ok tomorrow....?

D

Alpacalover, oh I'm really craving nutella now!

I have NEVER understood people who can eat 2-3 pancakes. I LOVE pancakes :-x :-x so I had 6. I would have had more, but I had to get pre-made ones cos my kitchen isn't wired in yet, so surviving on a microwave. If I had made them myself, I probably would have had more like 15 haha! That makes me sound super obese - but my BMI is fine, its just a strange obsession over pancakes.

T

I never got any yesterday :-(

Hmmm, I think I may have to invent shrove wednesday (husband's grasp of his own catholicism is rubbish so I reckon I can swing it)

M

Sneaks I am exactly the same. We only ever have pancakes once a year so I like to make the most of it! LOVE them! I also have some batter left over so to not be wasteful I'll have two days of pancakes this year :) Maybe savoury ones later...

T

Right, that settles it. I'm going for a run today then having a late lunch of pancakes, yum!

Hi all, I continued my pancake fest last night, consuming an undisclosable number in total (about 5 or 6, I think). They were delicious. There's something about lemon and sugar together on those glorious flippies: The tart lemon with sweet sugar and the fine, sharp sugary grains, cool with lemon juice against the soft, warm dough hmmmmmmm...

I had melon only for breakfast, so am trying to convince myself that the feast is ok. Stir fry for lunch too and then a swim later, if my tomatoing goes well enough. 

A

wow Eska, you made my mouth water! I don't know what your tone in your head was in writing that! but you could totally do that as an Marks and sparks advert for pancake day! :)

Just my memories, fabulous memories; although as soon as I'd posted it, that connection did come to mind! Maybe I could make have a side line and make some PG cash!

B

I missed pancakes on Pancake Day cos hubby was away on business. So have just bought some ready-made ones now (I am *so* lazy!), ready for him coming home tonight. We'll probably munch them after dinner tomorrow. Have 2 packs of 6 in the fridge, so that will probably be 2 pancake sessions! And a brand new fresh supply of maple syrup. Yum!