panic choke advice

U

I choked five minutes ago on a vitamin tablet and thought I'm going to die. Now I can breathe again but I am scared that the thing is still in the wrong place.

Just googled and read that it can be dangerous if the thing is still in it but you can breath.

I feel very weird as I am all alone here in my flat and I seriously thought that this is it now.

anybody any medical advice on what I should do?

U

Hello?

I think I go to the hospital as I still feel really weird.

Just before it happened I've been thinking about the format of a chapter and now I think that I could have been dead a few minutes ago.

What an ungraceful exit-people would have found me in a couple of days. Life is so dangerous

F

You will be fine, probably given yurself a panic attack. Breathe, and take it easy for the rest of the day.

U

Thanks. I think I'm slowly calming down now. I've never had this before and I almost passed out.

That stupid 'Centrum' tablet almost killed me. I'm not scared easily normally but thI've been panicking. The worst thing is: if you choke and die you have not even time to say goodbye to anybody. It must be horrible to realize that you can't breathe and then you can do nothing about it. I seriously thought I'm dying now. I ran out of the flat and banged against the door of my neighbour but noone opened when it happened.

F

I have had enough panic attacks in my life, but they are still scary...lately I have taken to blacking out with them Still take deep breathes & have a glass of water.

D

hey, hope ur ok now, you have my sympathy as I had a similar experience last week, was in the house by myself, couldn't breathe properly, really scary... so hope your feeling much better now!

I

When I first left home I elecricuted myself on an old stereo I was attempting to fix. Lying on my back in the dark, I stared at the ceiling and wondered if I was still alive. After deciding that I was, my next thought was 'I wonder how long I would have lay here before someone found me'... Too morbid? Glad you are

I

Alive I mean - not morbid

P

Oh Gosh. ULUG are you still with us? How are you feeling today?

U

Dear all

thanks, I'm still alive and feel much better today. It's been a big shock but I've been lucky. Thanks for your advice and please don't swallow 'Centrum' tablets..

A

It sounds like you had a really scary time there. If you choke and you are on your own. It is possible to perform the Heimlich manoeuvre on yourself (makes me feel ill thinking about it as I wonder if I'd have the presence of mind to try it that situation). For details see here.

http://www.heimlichinstitute.org/howtodo.html#selfAnchor

D

Oh poor you, glad you're feeling better today

H

where did ulug go

P

I though ULUG was the artist formerly known as MisterG?

I

Hopefully, not the 'former artist known as MisterG'...