Parking lot question

S

hi everyone.
This is really silly, but here goes.

I rent a flat which comes with a parking space, it has the flat number drawn on the ground. OK I don't have a car. Everyday someone always parks in my space. My neighbor also doesnt have a car but NOBODY parks in her space. Its always my space (!!!)

I don't know why it always bothers me when I see a car there.

Sometimes I do have friends with cars visiting me, they park in my alloted space, but most of the time, I can't use it anyway and they don't visit me everyday.

I just don't know why I always feel unhappy when people use MY space.

Is it because:
1. I don't have a car, thats why I feel lousy
2. that parking space adds to MY ego
3. I used to have a car in my home country--and I used to drive.. now I walk everywhere..
4. I am depressed--and since february

Today I sat thinking about the times people parked in my place in my home country (where I had a car), it didn't bother me at all. I told the driver(s) to move the car, and then I parked my car. It was ok.

the truth is I'm really a nice person but I dont like people parking in that spot (???!!!!) There's really no harm in it, letting someone park there, and yes I dont even have a car, but why is it bothering me?
Why am I like this????

I think it would be common courtesy for the motorist to ask you if they could park in your spot, regardless of whether you own a car or not. It would annoy me as well; someone is taking a liberty and it's normal to have the feelings you have in these circumstances. Perhaps you could approach the driver and tell them that they are not entitled to park there, but it wouldn't be a problem if they asked you first. It's a bit of a cheek if you ask me.

S

hi Ginga
Thank you for your post. I do have a right to feel annoyed!
Its so difficult for me, having been brought up not to be angry, to appease people , to be a nice girl etc.
It doesnt always feel nice to be a nice girl.
Thanks a lot.