Parsnips - what do we think?

S

Personally, i think they're great. A tasty alternative to roast potatoes (so long as there is still some mashed potato on the plate, that is).

B

My God Man?! What kind of childhood must you have had in order to think that a roast parsnip could EVER be a viable alternative to roast potatoes? The thought has actually made my blood run cold...

S

Roast potatoes are good, it's just that they should not share the plate with parsnips. One or the other!

B

But that's the thing, potatoes have got to win, every time. Hmmm, with gravey...yum yum.

S

I think if gravy is involved, you definitely need mashed potatoes. I have a sudden craving for bangers and mash tonight.

B

Oh my god me too! I was just thinking that. Jeez its getting dark here, and I've done pretty much nothing today, except for think about eating. Hmmm. Oh well, Christmas is a coming and Bobby's contemplating getting fat!

D

actually happen to quite like roast parsnips, when I've done them myself. Sunday lunch, lamb, mash roast pots and parsnips bit of broccoli and some lovely gravy.... yumm!

S

When lamb is involved, you must have some mint sauce. The proper stuff, not the jelly!

A

Roast parsnips are nice IF you realise that what you are putting into your mouth is a parsnip and not a potato. Otherwise it's a very nasty shock (akin to drinking a cup of tea thinking it is coffee and vice versa).

<--- just trying out the seasonal smileys (thanks team!)

A

Re bangers and mash, I am doing the bridesmaid thing on Sunday and the wedding breakfast will be sausage and mash followed by apple crumble, yum!!!

D

Love a well roasted parsnip

C

I LOVE parsnips