Post doc interviews

I'm going for an interview next week. Its for a research associate - there doesn't seem to be a particular topic/project to work on - it seems more that it will be a general research role, helping out a range of projects in the department (dogsbody - *ahem*)

So for those of you have been for interviews, what are the kinds of questions you have been asked?

I'm a little apprehensive (read VERY SCARED)

I know SOME of us have been for post doc interviews, there must be some general questions that you've been asked that aren't subject specific?

:-(

P

Don't know how much use this is as I (just) missed out on getting mine but I was asked my work and research balance.

What I would do if I had finite time and had to try and manage running my own independant research and that of the actual post-doc position? (I said the priority would go to running the work involved in the post-doc project, and that if needed I'd put my work on hold. Thats the work I'd be getting paid for after all!)

I was also asked if there was anything in particular I had learnt from my phd that sticks with me more than anything else? (Proper control groups!)

I'll try and see if I can remember anything else. Good luck with the interview though :D