Pub is calling...

T

I have been so unproductive this week.. I am ready to shut up shop and go to the pub for a retoxifying beer..

Anyone up to anything exciting this weekend?

J

I know what you mean, but I've done nothing put sit in pubs all over the break so I don't want to see the inside of a pub for a while yet.

Might do some shopping in the sales instead.

J

I know how you feel I am dying to go home. I have wet feet and I'm bored.

T

How come you have wet feet??

I think the week back to work is always bad after christmas.. so hopefully my brain will be in gear again next week

J

I went out in the rain and the bottom of my jeans got all wet and it went into my shoes.

I have done basically nothing this week, I feel guilty.

C

I feel guilty too for the same reason

T

Mmm I feel a bit guilty too when the other PhD student in my office is beavering away with her work.. D'oh..

S

Hi all! I have been out of the country for a 2-week holiday and it has been amazing! For some strange reason I do not feel guilty (I have even booked my next holiday for April). Even when people tell me how much they have worked, I do not seem to worry. Either I am very optimistic (falsly) or I have too much confidence in how hard I can work (when I need to). I don't know what it is but I have been like that in my whole life and it has all been ok by now. Maybe we shouldnt stress people by saying how much each of us works. Honestly I have more that 6 weeks per year totally free and it is still all working fine!

P

Ssshhh...don't let sugar_student hear you say that.

T

Lol.. don't want to be causing any stress by referring to time off!

D

Apparently they have a beer called January Blues at my local. Going to go and try it out tonight