Research Question

B

======= Date Modified 06 21 2009 14:21:46 =======
Hi everybody,
As part of my research I'm looking to find out what factors influence which post-grad colleges people attend, particularly with regards to business/marketing/economics courses, but any others as well.

I'd be extremely grateful if people could reply to this message and answer the following few questions:

What media (newspapers, forums etc) did you use to research your post-grad establishment?

What course are you taking/did you take?

Did you consider Lancaster University Management School?

What do you know about Lancaster University Management School and what made you choose/choose not to attend?

Thanks,
Chris

P

The design sounds strange..what's the sample..what's the profile..what research is this for? umm..?

H

Quote From phdbug:

.what research is this for?

The Department of Marketing, Lancaster University Management School.

At a guess. ;-)

B

Can people try and be at least a little bit helpful, please?

I'm not a post-grad, i'm an undergrad, but this forum is one of the few free ways to get responses from post-grad students.

I do go to Lancaster University, but am not a student at the management school.

R

======= Date Modified 06 May 2009 15:28:56 =======
Bogski_2000, I think part of the problem is in the way you worded your post. Not saying anything about yourself or what your project actually is makes you sound like a potential spammer, rather than a legitimate student. We get quite a few spammers passing through this forum relating to your particular subject areas. However, people are usually VERY helpful to those in need though!

H

Fair enough. You did sound like a spammer.

A serious point for you to consider: if you ask for the opinions of people on an online forum tied to an online postgrad recruitment site, you will get a bias in the answers caused by a self selecting study population. You will need to acknowledge this in your findings and/or ensure that you have a number of different ways of locating participants.

Sorry if you already knew this. I am not trying to be patronising. I just thought it would be better to point it out, as it is unclear from the OP what your general methodology is.

S

hi chris you sound like you have to write a Letter Of Motivation or Statement of Purpose.
Sorry I cant help, I'm not in Lancaster University Management School...
But I'm sure there will be other (useful) responses for you
Good luck in your research
:-) satchi

B

Ok, so having established that both the question and my research are faulty, would anyone like to answer the question or should I give up on trying to do any work on post-grads?

H

Quote From bogski_2000:

Ok, so having established that both the question and my research are faulty, would anyone like to answer the question or should I give up on trying to do any work on post-grads?

Be patient. You only posted 2 hours ago. I can't answer all your questions because I'm not a business student but if it helps:

1. findamasters.com, institute websites, talking to alumni/staff from institute.
2. MSc
3. n/a
4. n/a

B

Thanks Hazyjane, you've been very helpful. I'll be patient!