ridiculously off topic but...

J

kindness and loyalty are good :-), you can do some training you know! Its really if major things cause problems, thats where you have to be careful - too much wanting to control is bad - on either side really. Irritation goes with being with someone, you can't help it, every so often the minor thing, leaving a coffee cup lying around, papers left all over the place etc, are minor, but once in a while its the last straw and then they cause problems even though they are not really the cause of the simmering annoyance, just the catalyst that takes it over the edge. So if this is the case there is no real problem, its life!!!

M

Sounds like you were already feeling better which is good. Plenty of good advice here.

I'm in a long distance relationship as well and I know how difficult it can be. What I hate most is when you have a row on the phone and you can't even have a hug to make up. As it happens we just had a row tonight and I got quite upset myself, which half explained why I came on here to distract myself. I can understand what you mean by the little annoyances too. I think the stress with the PhD and the long distance doesn't help. I agree with the others that communication is the key, and arguably even more important in a long distance relationship. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to agree with each other on everything, just that it'd help to talk about things calmly and openly, and agree to disagree rather than working yourself up into an argument.

Hope you like his weekend plans! :-)

A

Hi Montezuma! I so know the feeling of missing that hug after an argument, it's so difficult! Things are grand at the moment, he's not the best communicator normally so there will always be some issues with that though, especially saying as I'm one of the biggest talkers ever! I feel the need to share my every thought sometimes, which isn't always good! But I'm working on it, I've had a chat with the uni counsellor and I think I'm going to go back to see how I can control myself and my brain, over thinking things like I do isn't good! The boyfriend is a bit confused why I'm even going at all, I think he's just getting used to listening to me going on but it frustrates me when he just says 'ok' when I'm done! :)
And you are totally right Joyce, I think the issues aren't really big ones at all, just tends to be the little things that makes me snap cos I'm so stressed. Between his writing up last year, me writing up this year and having the distance we've been in a super charged environment for too long now! Hopefully when I'm all done it can go back to normal, whatever that is!

I hope you're feeling better Montezuma after your fight and you've got things sorted out now, just remember you won't be apart forever :)