Setting up a Journal

P

Hello,

So, although I don't work in an academic institution as such, I've got the opportunity to develop a journal. Its basically about developing a critical arm for a niche area within the sector in which I work (i never know how much to say about these things here, but its broadly in the field of creative practice and education).

I need to produce a proposal/ business plan for this, and while I can discuss the basics like target audience/ aims etc, I wonder if there is a guide available about this sort of thing. It's all a bit new to me. I'm quite certain that this will be a non-peer reviewed journal, as its led quite clearly by my org, with more informal correspondence with sector peers.

Can anyone help at all, or point me in the direction of any websites about this? It will be a predominately online journal, with a limited print run and e-book/print-on-demand service.

Many thanks :-)

PP

the BPS have a guide here, quite brief though, maybe they have something similar in your field?

http://www.bpsjournals.co.uk/propose-a-new-journal/propose-a-new-journal_home.cfm

P

Thanks Sneaks! Will check it out now....

(up)