So are we all going to vote?

J

I admit I've become uninterested in all the political roundabouts and spot-the-differences. I will vote, but only to keep the bloody BNP and UKIP out.

S

I should and I usually do, only I forgot to register at my new address. I would have no idea who to vote for anyway. There's not much choice out there.

Question for the day though, in the first past the post system we have, many people tactically vote according to whether they like or dislike the sitting government, but does tactical voting encourage narrowly differentiated parties?

T

Sylvester, I definately agree with your first point; if you're registered to vote at your University town, do you know who the councillors are, what their views are and what they stand for?

In that case, I suppose you're just voting for the party as a whole, and which one you like/agree with the most.

I

where i live there are three candidates to choose from, representing lib dem, cons and lab. the party i would vote in a gen. election have no hope of getting in, therefore it would be a wasted vote. i'm gonna go with the 'defending champion' - it's not been so bad ( in fact i've noticed recent spending very locally on road improvements, the local park...)