So long, Gordy...

W

Not that I'm trying to politically polarise the forum, but I likedGordon Brown. And it looks like he's going to be out. I know itwasn't very nice what he said about that lady being a bigot, but I livequite close to old Rochdale and know what some people are like. Andnow it looks like we're going to get this:http://markgorman.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/cameron-bullingdon-dining-club2_468x420.jpg

Oh heck, there goes Sure Start, there goes most of the public sectorand in comes Big Society and spoonfuls of Dave's Austerity Medicine. If only Gordon would have listened to my audacious plans when I tried to call him up, but instead got a rude secretary. Well, I'm going to find Dave's number and if he cocks up, which he will, by heck, it's all going to kick off. Of course, if George Osbourne gets stuck with his sums, he'll probably be calling me anyway.

NOOOOOOOO! my hubby's job is bound to go with the 'botox beast'!

I'm not voting Labour, but if anything slightly swayed me it was Gordon calling the lady a bigot, I thought it was hilarious, I now admire him a lot more than I did :-)

A

lol that actually didn't put me off either! But then again I come from the land where politicians tell each other to 'catch yerself on' in televised political debates :p Anything but Cameron though, Please. Even the Monster Raving Loony Party would be better.

Yeah, I gained respect for gordy after the bigot comment: A human being, at last.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmm, I still can't believe Cam could get in. Awful, awful, awful, if he does... surely it won't happen, surely. I got really depressed about the prospect last week.

I find politics fascinating, in that I can't believe people can be so wrong about things (i.e. vote Tory)!

T

Oh Sneaks, I'm so sorry for your loss :-(
I have refrained from asking hubby who he voted for (though it won't be he of the excess pan stick I'm sure).

The series of debates have actually increased my opinion of GBrown, simply because he doesn't spout platitudes and pull that nauseatingly insincere "I'm just like you, I care" crap. And he doesn't talk into camera in that overly practised manner the other two have adopted. I couldn't understand why everyone was so impressed with Clegg in the first debate, while I have time for the Lib Dems I thought he looked like a nervous sixth former, and that "reading peoples names from a sheet so it looks like I'm a man of the people" routine at the end was just painful.

I think Labour have cacked up some stuff spectacularly in the past years but with Cameron as the alternative....

Oh God, and did anyone see that first time voters program last night? Precisely how embarassing was it to have Miss - popularity contest politics - Miquita representing the views of the younger generation? It scares me but I think she does reflect the attitude of a lot of voters "Yeah, I'll like, vote for him cos, he's got charisma, innit". Arrrrrrrrrgh (sprout)

C

Urgh, tmrw morning I will be wearing black.

I hope the Green Party get some seats out of this election.

ok what's with the wearing black thing? My dad said it to me today - and i just mumbled on about something else because I was confused!

C

A funeral appropriate colour.