something wrong with forum on my computer?

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 10:55:03 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============

Quote From rubyw:

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 10:06:02 =======
Forum admin,

The text in my posts looks fine while Im writing it, but loses all the paragraphs when its posted and compresses the whole lot into one big unreadable chunk of text. Its only been happening since I downloaded Firefox 3.0.1 a day ago (was ok in the previous version.) It is also ok in IE 6, as I edited one of my squashed posts in IE and it looked fine when it was saved. Im using a PC with XP.

Edit - its done it with this post too.

I have now corrected the problem. Firefox have changed the way that Carriage returns are stored within Texboxes. I have reported this to them and altered this website to correct the problem. Thanks for the feedback and worth a vote from me....(up)

S

Quote From pete:

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 10:55:03 =======
Quote From rubyw:

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 10:06:02 =======
Forum admin,

The text in my posts looks fine while Im writing it, but loses all the paragraphs when its posted and compresses the whole lot into one big unreadable chunk of text. Its only been happening since I downloaded Firefox 3.0.1 a day ago (was ok in the previous version.) It is also ok in IE 6, as I edited one of my squashed posts in IE and it looked fine when it was saved. Im using a PC with XP.

Edit - its done it with this post too.

I have now corrected the problem. Firefox have changed the way that Carriage returns are stored within Texboxes. I have reported this to them and altered this website to correct the problem. Thanks for the feedback and worth a vote from me....(up)

hi pete,
i'm sorry, i can see you've sent me a message, but i can't open it or reply because i get this error then:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /PMViewer.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Hi everyone,

Please bear with us whilst we try to iron out the little glitches we're experiencing with the new Firefox browser. All feedback and screen dumps are very much appreciated as always. Please send screen dumps of problems to [email protected].

Whenever you report a problem on this thread, please include your browser type, version (help, about) and operating system.

Thanks!

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 12:12:33 =======
I cannot reproduce the error in FireFox V3.0.1 can you send me a screen dump of the problem to the email address below. Thanks

S

Quote From pete:

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 12:12:33 =======
I cannot reproduce the error in FireFox V3.0.1 can you send me a screen dump of the problem to the email address below. Thanks

screen dump?

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 12:22:21 =======
if you press the button "print screen", normally top right of your keyboard it adds an image of your screen to your clipboard. You can then paste this into your favourite image program, or Word if preferred, save the file and send it to us so we can see what you're seeing.

R

Pete - thank you, it's fine now!! (up)

H

I emailed about a grey box I kept seeing but it seems to have gone now....?!?!

Quote From h:

I emailed about a grey box I kept seeing but it seems to have gone now....?!?!

Sorry H, I'm just altering a few things to get Firefox v3 working properly....Cheers

Firefox should no longer have the invisible box problem when writing posts.

A

Thanks Pete (up)

S

======= Date Modified 02 Sep 2008 14:23:44 =======
i'll try it soon 8-)
oh, and message folder works now, it's ok.

A

======= Date Modified 05 Sep 2008 12:00:03 =======
hiya, having som problems trying to get into the forums.....the newest posts section is all i can access. I keep getting an error message when i try to log into PhD life.....anyone else having this problem? It just started yesterday for me. SOME CONTENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Investigating..........

Now fixed, thanks for the feedback...I broke this yesterday, sorry....:$