Tell the truth...

I

Why can't you eat chocolate?

I

Just remembered - you're vegan, right? Well, as a vegetarian (over 15 years now) I can say that giving up meat was a doddle compared with even the idea of never tasting chocolate again... I'm impressed. Was it health/diet reasons or principle?

By the way, I heard a summary of some research on the radio last week that found that intelligence in childhood could predict vegetarianism in adult life - most were above average, converted before their thirties and women

I

Apologies for the last post - I sound obnoxious!

F

I'm not vegan just allergic to dairy, granted the most meat I eat is fish...so almost vegan, but not quite! Any suggestions instead of nut roast for christmas?

T

What about roast nuts instead?

I

Salted? lol!

Try something off the Vegetarian Society website - it's got excellent ideas for vegans and veggies alike!

I

Just thinking (ouch)... for something really alternative, you could try trad Polish fare. We do Xmas on the 24th and it's supposed to be meat-free (fish allowed). Begin with beetroot soup, pierogi, carp... 12 courses in all! Hungry?

J

I had the best dumplings ever when I was in Poland. Luckily there's a great Polish shop opened in Leicester, once I've figured out how to read the instructions on the packet, I'll try to make my own.

J

Also the best vodka - my first 3 days in Zakopane are a blur thanks to that stuff

S

Hey the veggie/children thing was from Southampton Uni!

I

Highly recommend cherry vodka for added Christmas cheer (especially for all the humbugs out there) - NA ZDROWIE!!

PS If you need help with menu items, I'd be happy to

I

Hey SixKitten - did you rate that research? I was just quoting the bit that suited me but would like to know more.

J

I may come back to you for a translation then. I liked the Krupnik honey vodka; also the famous Bison vodka, which supposedly contains grass soaked in Bison pee...nice