The 4 star VIP thread!

M

I didn't notice this thread and I'm a member! :p

Thanks for the congrats, Bug.

Now it's the race to five stars! (I imagine that involves being thanked a 1,000 times).

W

Hello 4 star celebs. Bah! Too many people have 4 stars now, so it really is a race to get 5 stars! I deserve 5 stars for the fact that I'm intermittently working whilst procrastinating...on a Saturday night as the world and his missus party, take recreational drugs and play the National Lottery. Just one more year though, one more year. And then, like the Material Girl Herself (Madonna) who still finds it acceptable to portray herself semi-naked like someone in a twisted Tenna Lady advert, I'll just re-invent myself, have a massive party and become a socialite.

C

There are more stars in the sky -- your four star constellation is a feeble quasi-cosmological display of ephemeral attachment.

S

Oh heck, he's here - quick, hide the Blue Nun!!!!

W

Quote From cleverclogs:

There are more stars in the sky -- your four star constellation is a feeble quasi-cosmological display of ephemeral attachment.

And on that bombshell: You don't have enough stars to post on this thread. Gerrout!

S

Can I stay Wally??? I know that I don't have the four stars of greatness, but I am rather enjoying the Blue Nun and White Lightening!

W

Quote From stressed:

Can I stay Wally??? I know that I don't have the four stars of greatness, but I am rather enjoying the Blue Nun and White Lightening!

Well, if Vernon Kay can get an honorary doctorate, I don't see any reason why you can't become an honorary 4 star VIP member. If you like the White Lightning, I'd recommend you try some of the Breaker Superbrew and Cassini. Just don't feed the troll. Like a stray cat or dog, he'll come back expecting more and we don't want to encourage him.

P

Welcome to the club Bilbo!!!

C
T

It's taken months of grueling work, diligently posting when I should have been phding. Late night's on the nocturnal thread and entire days in the offtopics section.

But I am victorious! Four stars are mine and I can now saunter into the four star lounge, flashing my VIP status at the door. Perhaps I can even sign in a lesser-starred guest or two?

But what.....the lounge is derelict! Empty bottles of blue nun, crushed white lightening cans filled with fag ends, Wally, sitting in a corner clutching his laptop as he rocks back and forth. What happened?

J

this is so sad...

W

But what.....the lounge is derelict! Empty bottles of blue nun, crushed white lightening cans filled with fag ends, Wally, sitting in a corner clutching his laptop as he rocks back and forth. What happened?

I can tell you what happened. I suddenly realised that I've got loads of my methodology to write, have still not started my cognitive interviewing, my psychometric testing and I've got five other chapters to write as well. I'd like to swear right now, but I strongly suspect that I'll be modded, so flippin' heck! I've actually worked really hard this past month but I have very little to show for it on paper. And with my supervisor, every time I have a meeting, it's like saying to a loan shark: 'Look, I've had a really tough month, have tried jolly hard to get a job, but, I'm sorry, I haven't got your money this month'.
Of course, physically, I'd still have a symmetrical pair of knee caps, but mentally I'll have a sand timer wedged in my brain. Pffffffffff...

Anyway, at the risk of upsetting everyone with my competitiveness and pettiness, 4 stars is so passe, Teek, don't ya know? You're so behind the times. Afterall, Teek, there's analogue and then there's digital. Everybody knows that 5 stars is where it's all at.

Well I'm very proud of my 3 star status: It means I am cool, like a not so well know style magazine. I do the business, but am a relatively free spirit.

I have a strong suspician that 5 stars is only attainable if you are a mod. I think there is no such thing for us average posters its all a lie to keep us coming back.

T

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Anyway, at the risk of upsetting everyone with my competitiveness and pettiness, 4 stars is so passe, Teek, don't ya know? You're so behind the times. Afterall, Teek, there's analogue and then there's digital. Everybody knows that 5 stars is where it's all at.

Now now Wally, keep your symmetrical kneecaps on, you don't have 5 stars either - this means you're my special analogue friend ;-)