The Cricket World Cup thread

H

Piglet, my reasons are simply, test cricket is DULL!

I LOVE ODIs though, especially the World Cup

Woohoo, Pakistan being out of the World cup definiately more than makes up for India losing to Bangladesh!

I want Ireland to win the world cup, England and India are both poo.

P

Obviously, you didn't see the final day of the Adelaide test. I watched every minute of it on telly and recall texting my friend, who was at the Adelaide Oval, to say "Anyone who claims Test cricket is boring should watch this match today". It was one of the greatest sporting moments I have ever seen...and it had little to do with the fact that the Aussies were winning...right up there with watching Port Adelaide Power win the Aussie Rules Football grand final for the first time, in 2004 at 6am in a pub in Paris.

Test cricket is a thinking game. All about strategy, patience and persistence. I guess if you don't like the mind games or prefer a faster pace, it is not for you then.

P

Don't get me wrong, I love ODI matches as well. One of my favourite moments is from the mid 90s when Australia needed a 4 off the last ball to win a day-night match. Michael Bevan - a great ODI batsmen - did it perfectly - before the ball had even left the bowlers hand, MB (a hottie by the way) was already half way down the pitch! Great moment for me.

H

India needs to beat Sri Lanka but they probably wont as they are being rubbish.

Would be nice to see Ireland beating the Windies!

H

The big question is:

WHO strangled the Pakistani coach Woolmer?

Scarey stuff...

P

Just thought I would drag up this old thread, which for some unknown reason has been abandoned for a few weeks, to say....

AUSTRALIA WON THE WORLD CUP!

S

I knew we could rely on you to bring this up! Grrrhhh