The my favourite movie thread

Hmmmm I watch enormous amoumt of films and generally rely on my other half to keep track of titles as I'm hopeless

I've loved: - "The ladydkillers" (b&w version)

"Kisses"

"Eagle versus shask"

'once"

"persepolis"

"goodbye Lenin"

"white christmas"

Wally and UP are two grear recent kinds movies, and I can't remember the director's name but he did "Spirited Away", "Howls Moving Castle" and a few more interesting ones

Now. I've realy annoyed myself as I can't remember the names of the ones I really like
:$

maybe Ill ask when he gets home from work :-x

J

Quote From Ev:

Wally and UP are two grear recent kinds movies, and I can't remember the director's name but he did "Spirited Away", "Howls Moving Castle" and a few more interesting ones

Hayao Miyazaki directed Spirited Away, etc. My favourite of his films is Castle in the Sky.

Eagle Vs Shark was excellent. For Halloween I dressed as Lily in her shark costume :-)

HaHa Jimkin -that had to be the best costume at the party (up)

My boyfriend is really into Flight of the Concords now, although I can only stand it in small doses!!

A

Oooh!!  Once is a great movie!! And In Bruges is just brilliant!!  Also loving Amelie, When Harry met Sally and (I know I shouldn't but I can't help it...) Stardust!! And pretty much any old black and white movie, particularly The Seven Year Itch and Funny Girl!!  There is no way I could ever pick just one movie Wally!  Personally I love movies that are easy to watch, or are touching, or make me think about how people are and why they are that way...altho I'll watch pretty much anything! I never really "got" Lost in Translation though until I watched it on the plane after travelling by myself for a few weeks, after that, I though it was great! 

S

2001:A space odyssey

Because it's beautiful and way ahead of it's time. It also depicts space as silent, and it has always annoyed me how in most films explosions occur very loudly in space......IT'S A VACUUM !!!

I also think Hal is sooo scary, more scary than any monster in a slasher film...that voice.......

The music to the space scenes truely inspired !

I saw Up today, it was great. Especially as I had the whole auditorium to myself, laughed myself silly, and had a good old cry: I recommend seeing kids films on a weekday during term-time.  Not quite as good as The Fantastic Mr. Fox IMO though.

M

Quote From algaequeen:

And In Bruges is just brilliant!! 

I loved In Bruges too, but I also loved the DVD extras... including the boat trip of Bruges.

K

There are lots of good movies so its hard to choose one, The Good the bad and the ugly and American Pie are my favourites,

B

Quote From Scienceurchin:

2001:A space odyssey

Because it's beautiful and way ahead of it's time. It also depicts space as silent, and it has always annoyed me how in most films explosions occur very loudly in space......IT'S A VACUUM !!!

I also think Hal is sooo scary, more scary than any monster in a slasher film...that voice.......

The music to the space scenes truely inspired !

In fact it's a masterpiece.

R

Wayne's World 1 and 2. I know, incredibly low-brow, but so funny.

I really liked Watchmen too.

W

Right, I've actually got a favourite film for now (you can actually watch it on Youtube), Man on Wire! What a belting film - and what a belting musical score that goes with it. I had to keep checking my pulse because my heart nearly stopped and jumped out of my throat during some parts of it. Thank God I'm training to be a researcher and not a wire walker!

======= Date Modified 29 Nov 2009 19:50:52 =======
No Eska! - Surely Fantastic Mr Fox should stay a Fantastic roald dahl book - not a horrible american film with Bill Murray (!!!???)

Ev - loving the conchords - you should watch them ALL cos your 'the most beautiful girl in the.....room' haha

My favs are very boring - if I had to only have 1 dvd ever it would be Pride and Prejudice BBC version with Colin  Firth :-x

My favourite film for quite while now has been 300, before I have switched between goodfellas, I life less ordinary (think that was a stage) and of course the amazing dirty dancing!

Hi Sneaks, I don't know the Roald Dahl book, although I did recently geta copy of it free with a box of Shreddies. I never care a hoot about loyalty to a book or similar, I just care if I enjoy the film as it stands. I like Wes Anderson very much, the animation is beautiful and it's very funny.

W

Oi Sneaks, hush your mouth! Bill Murray is one of my favourite actors; I defo think he shares my perspective on life. Don't agree? Well, were it not for Bill Murray, Ghostbusters would have been rubbish. And then he gave us the gift of Caddyshack too. I do side with you regarding films always ruining books (if that's what you're inferring). As far as films based on books, I've yet to see a film that is as good as the book it's based on, let alone better! I think it's because there so much more personal meaning and intimacy with a book; it becomes your film in your head - not some sterile re-imagining by some Hollywood hack with dollar signs for eyes.

R

I am a big fan of horror movies. I love to watch horror movies. I have watched a number of horror movies but some of my favorite movies are

resident evil (all parts)
saw (all parts)
wrong turn (all parts)
ghost rider (all parts)
silent hill

I like above all movies and always like to watch these movies again.