Thread Messages Missing Text - ADMIN FEEDBACK

Hi everyone, can people who are experiencing problems with your post messages being cut short please post their findings here. Please also state if your using a PC or Mac and the version of the web browser you are using. Thanks Pete (Admin Team)

T

Yep, I think only the first three words or so are posted - its happened to me twice. I'm on a PC, Windows XP, browsing on IE v7. Thanks.

Quote From thecoastman:

Yep, I think only the first three words or so are posted - its happened to me twice. I'm on a PC, Windows XP, browsing on IE v7. Thanks.

Does the post appear ok and then after submitting the post gets cropped?

H

coastie, IE is pretty useless though, so maybe switch to FireFox anyway?

======= Date Modified 29 Aug 2008 13:31:28 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
test, ignore, thanks

Quote From h:

coastie, IE is pretty useless though, so maybe switch to FireFox anyway?

I've test on IE 7 and cannot reproduce this error.....please help with more feedback, thanks

T

Quote From pete:

Does the post appear ok and then after submitting the post gets cropped?

Yep that's the case. As I said its only happened twice I think, so very rare. Perhaps it happened on my home computer, which might be a different version of IE, but still Windows PC. I'll confirm the version number...

T

I just checked back on a thread and I did the post yesterday afternoon, so it would definately be this compuer with IE7. What further info do you need?

Quote From thecoastman:

I just checked back on a thread and I did the post yesterday afternoon, so it would definately be this compuer with IE7. What further info do you need?

If it happens again, please email us the exact text and try to post the exact same text again to determine if it is caused by the content, cheers.

H

The number of pms in the inbox isn't updating. It said I had none until I clicked on it just now and I actually had 3!?!?

Are we having a chat room as well?

T

Hmmm, mine said 0 so I clicked on it, and it still had 0 :-(

Quote From H:

The number of pms in the inbox isn't updating. It said I had none until I clicked on it just now and I actually had 3!?!?

Are we having a chat room as well?

The inbox counter only updates when you refresh or change the web page your viewing. If you leave your computer viewing the inbox page it will check every 30 seconds and indicate when new messages exist.
We have no future plans for chat rooms but will keep our options open. Cheers for the feedback H.