"Tolerance" - or celebration?

I

I'm surprised that there can still be bad feelings between christians, especially since the different churches have actually got really good at networking - visiting each other, days out, advertising others' services etc. It's always individuals who have misinterpreted the messages that spoil things! The whole point seems to go right over their heads.

H, I love your passion AND the fact that your mum prays in other churches. There's something about any sacred place of worship, in my experience, that brings calm into my life. I spent a good few years 'lapsed', but with my own thoughts and spirituality. Now I do go to mass somewhere where I feel comfortable and the priest challenges my thoughts. He makes a point of not excluding people and welcomes unfamiliar faces.

I

As for trying to convert people, I would/could never. It's the same with my vegetarianism - if it comes up and people ask, I'm happy to discuss and give my reasons. You can't make anyone do or think something they don't want to. If what you've said makes an impression, then so be it. I do find, however, that even when I haven't started the conversation I end up having to defend the way I live! Some people think it's OK to be verging on the abusive. I've learned to laugh at them

H

There is something sacred about a place of worship but I have to say, I much prefer the friendly, warm, colourful atmosphere of the temple rather than a church.

I enjoy talking to atheists about religion and what it means to me but I have never tried to convert anyone either (not even to vegetarianism). Have to say I do try to convert family members and friends to using the mooncup though

D

I definately try to convert others to the Mooncup - that is an undisputed better way of life.
I have to admit that after a few pints I also get quite argumentative with people who consume meat

I

are you talking about what I think you're talking about?! Andi if you are, then WOW what a segue! Also, a bit scary...

H

lol

R

vegetarians and mooncup lovers! I thought i was the only one! How nice it is to "meet" like minded people!