track changes

My sup changed a lot of my work last week, without tracking, so now I have a complete mess to sort out.

Is there a way of making sure that when she open the file and changes stuff it is automatically tracked using track changes?

T

I don't know if there's a foolproof way (she can always turn it off) but you could take the new document and merge it with your old version to see where the changes are.

she seems to have just randomly copied and pasted sections around - so not actually adding anything. Its quite irritating, especially as she then rang me and said, although she started doing it, she did it before reading on and then decided it was a bad idea to change anything :-s

I just would like to know for next time!

M

I suppose keeping a saved separate copy of each version could be a good plan? Printing can be very helpful for chopping and re-arranging.

But is there any way, for the next piece of work I send, that when she opens it it is already set for tracking it?

Hi Sneaks

I find that if I click on track changes before I save the document it automatically opens track changes when it (the document) is next opened, even if it is sent as an attachment. To be sure,you could make a comment yourself using track changes somewhere near the start of the document (something like - follow-up reference X.....)?

thanks Ev - fingers crossed she doesn't 'untrack' :-s