What "Ch" unes have people got on today?

P

v.good danB you can be the sexpert on peapedia. Its a new online encylopedia but moderated by experts.

P

Kim wilde has already agreed to do all things garden related & I am passing an ad to Belford's careers centre to recruit new experts.

S

As a sad music anorak, I organise my MP3 player into two folders - albums and hit singles. Being particularly sad, I then sort the hit singles chronologically. Suffice to say, today I am listening to the hits of 1991, so I've heard some of the following delights:

Seal - Crazy
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
Mock Turtles - Can You Dig It
EMF - I Believe
KLF - 3 Am Eternal
and, erm, MC Hammer - Pray

Well, you've got to have a bit of MC Hammer, haven't you?

S

Fantastic, the Happy Mondays and Loose Fit has just come on. Strut your stuff Bez!

K

Violent Femmes

S

sh!t, Chesney Hawkes has now come on, Chr!st, 1991 was a strange year.

P

EMF rock, esp 'Unbelievable'.
1991 the year KLF released Eternal & Moby did Go.
What a bumper year!!!

S

I remember 1991 for Altern8 and Bizarre Inc. And who can forget Oceanic - Insanity?

P

Sylvester....Playing with knives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs off & does own 'ultimate' 1991 play list*

S

that's the one. I seem to remember the Altern8 song was called "Come with Me.". Haven't got to either of these two tracks yet as I'm still in May 1991 listening to Roxette and Cathy Dennis.

Obviously, forum members need to be kept abreast of exactly what I'm listening to right now, so T99 - Anasthasia is on next.

P

Sylvester one more for you before I have to go and finish my play list and then (ahem) actually what I am supposed to be doing.. etc

Cola Boy 7 ways to love I've just checked and this was indeed 1991. Cola boy was an alias for Saint Etienne. I always knew the track was Pete Wiggs, but I heard a rumour than Kylie had sung the vocals, but no it's Sarah Cracknall or whatever her name is. BUT Kylie did record a cover of St Etienne's Nothing can stop us and it was released in Japan. So there - more useless facts from the house of pea.pedia. ...... I hope you are still awake?

S

I know said record but wasn't aware of the Saint Etienne connection. I have it on my Hardcore Ecstasy CD along with the mighty Brothers in Rhythm.

S

Because I know you're all so fascinated by the postings of me and Pea, the Smashie and Nicie of Old Skool, my MP3 player journey through 1991 continues unabated this morning, featuring such delights as:

Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Till Its Over
Zoe - Sunshine On A Rainy Day, and
The Prodigy - Charley Says

P

Bruno Brookes & Annie Nightingale maybe?

S

I'm on to hits of 1992 now, so far this morning I've sampled the delights of:

Shakespear's Sister - Stay
James - Born Of Frustraion
The Wondertuff - Welcome To The Cheap Seats
and the fandabidozee Right Said Fred - Deeply Dippy

I think SL2's On A Ragga Tip and the Utah Saints' Something Good will be on later. Superb.