what do other people do in their spare time..

J

Learning to play the piano

H

What the hell is spare time?

Y

I try and fit in playing cricket and horse riding most weeks along with the gym, but its not happening at the moment due to a needing results for a conference i'm about to go on.

D

I ring bells!! Huge big church bells!!

S

Cry.

C

Sleepyhead - crying isn't recreational. Surely it it is a normal daily function, isn't it....isn't it?

M

SALSA? did i hear salsa??
err well sorry to steal the topic n i know its about telling what we do in spare time but m really eager to ask if anyone knows any salsa or ANY othr formal dance classes around west midlands [yeah i know m making it more and more difficult by being so stingy about the location but i cant manage to travel too far]

am in search for one since almost ages...so any info would help

Thnx!

O

Sleep...sometimes grocery shop.

C

Most of the times I just collapse in bed - but manage to dream briefly of Jeremy Irons. Sometimes I knit or crochet. I am also a member of a book club. I love cooking - and you can see the effects on me! - listening to early Venetian music, and swimming.

A

Where do you ring bells? I mean in what city?

C

I cannot reveal where I am or where I am from, just in case my supervisor track me down! But I could make an effort if you are Jeremy Irons in disguise!

D

I ring in our local church near Chesterfield. 8 lovely bells I started earlier this year and am finally at the stage where I can do rounds, call changes and am just starting plain hunt. I have rang 2nd, 3rd and 4th and its the best feeling in the world to be totally absorbed in something to the extent I don't think about anything else whilst I ring. Its my way of switching my brain off for an hour a week. I recommend it to anyone!!!

A

That's really cool! I'm a bellringer too! lol! I've rung at Chesterfield Cathedral, but not much more in that area! I've been ringing for a few years - it's good to have something to remove you from the PhD world! hehe

B

Is nobody fessing up to watching 'To Buy Or Not To Buy', 'Homes Under the Hammer', 'Escape to the Country' or '60 Minute Makeover'??? I would have gone potty if I didn't have them to 'fall back on' when I was writing up (i.e. opportunity for me to 'shut my brain off').