When is the best time for lunch?

D

Earlier or later?
The pro of going earlier is that I'm starving, but then I will have a long afternoon. If i go later I am unlikely to snack before supper, but I might faint in the interim

H

Working from home I always break for lunch at 1.30 so I have time to make a sandwich before neighbours - sad but true!

D

I'm thinking of holding on until 1

P

This is a very important question, and I am glad someone has raised it. I am sitting at home all day these days by myself writing (and because apparently I am unemployable) and deciding when to have lunch is critical.

I go for 1pm, but the only thing on telly then is Oprah (can't stand her and her self-promoting ways), crap made-for-TV midday movie (vomit), The Days of Our Lives (yawn), and Question Time in Parliament (yawn and vomit). Fridays I hold out until 1.30pm for the Men Behaving Badly reruns.

I think it is all about making the afternoon as short as possible, so the later the better. Very important decisions though, DJW.

P

Neighbours is on at 6.30pm here. Always has been.

A

Is Men Behaving Badly suitable for early afternoon viewing? I seem to recall it being broadcast after the watershed over here (i.e. after 9pm)?

A

LOL@DanB!

P

You are right, Ann, it is a bit rude for 1.30pm Fridays on the ABC. I guess all the kids are at school at that time.

Speaking of Martin Clunes in TV shows, do any of you know if the Doc Martin show is coming back for another series? We got 2 series here and I loved it...even bought the DVDs and watched the all in 2 days.

Funny thing about Neighbours is have recently moved to Melbourne where it is filmed - and I saw a Neighbours tour bus in the city picking up tourists the other day! I never knew you could go on a tour of Ramsey St, but alas, you can. Sad but true. I might go on one just for fun.

P

Kath and Kim finished. Not sure if it is coming back. Do you guys get the humour of it? There is an English guy in my lab and he said it does not make him laugh because he does not know people like that and can't understand what is funny about it. Wondered if it was just him, or if it was English people in general. He is a bit weird - 50 years old and comes all the way here to do a PhD...only to sit for 4 years and play minesweeper on his computer all day.

D

Decided lunch has to be at 1.30 today as its Friday, and the shorter the afternoon the better

D

Yeah sure DanB. Where shall I meet you?

D

Starbucks?

D

But they do fairtrade coffee with soya milk, and do a vegan pitta bread wrap thing. Ok, what about the organic cafe just round the corner from me?

D

Wicked! i'm going to have an organic salad with humous in a seeded bap

D

Yep, I'm sure they do fish. Organic fish of course