3 weeks and counting

K

======= Date Modified 10 45 2010 15:45:47 =======
Hi everyone. I am writing this as a diversionary tactic from doing what I should be doing, which is frantically trying to write up my last chapter. I have to submit 29th Oct, and feel as though I am not going to be ready. I have an intro/lit review and method chapter with final amendments to work on, and the best part of the final analysis chapter to write up (yikes) which is fairly long going. I still waiting for feedback on my three long results chapters from my supervisor and will have to make any amendments to those in this time too. The last week isn't a full week for me as it takes 3 days for binding etc. I am really starting to think this is not possible - I work full time and cannot get any time off at all. I can't not submit after 7 years, and have already had an extension. Help!

B

Good luck! I was up against my uni's 6 year deadline for part-timers (I didn't have any extension), so I know how you feel. If I was you I'd email your sup to ask when they're likely to send you the feedback, so you can plan when you can do the revisions. Well it's what I'd ask my sup anyway.

Do whatever else you can before then, for example working the bibliography, acknowledgements, title pages, etc. And think positive. It is amazing what you can do in a short time. I was a ridiculously part-time student, managing no more than 5 hours total a week in my final few years. But I got there and you can too.

K

Thanks Bilbo, I am doing as you advised. I am writing my last chapter up, and in between, when tired or need a brak, i am moving to appendices and references, both of which are almost complete so hopefully that will make me feel better. My sup has promised feedback in the next few days, if it is only minor it should be fine, but i half expect him to want me to redraft large sections at this late stage - I am not complaining about my sup at all, he has been helpful and supportive, but very busy and sometimes I have to wait a long time for comments. I suppose all I can do is ensure I give something in on time, even if I have not had final comments. I hadn't thought about title pages, will have to try and find out what the requirements are! Any one else have any advice it would be most most welcome!