7 weeks in China...

G

I've been given the chance to go to China for 7 weeks to work with another research group and try and hopefully bring about some future collaborations. One of the things I'm worried about is taking 7 weeks off my research as the work I'll be doing in China will, in all honesty, not contribute to my thesis. I've just started my second year and although I know this will be a great opportunity I don't want to affect my PhD. Is 7 weeks to long a period?

G

Sounds good. Go for it. It might give you some time to catch up on any reading and writing up you may have for your project

G

Go for it ! Chances like this come up very rarely so make the most of it. 7 weeks out of 3 years isn't really a long time and as Stu says, you can always do some other stuff whilst you're there. Go on, shoo, let us know how it goes !

G

Go! That's a rare opportunity and 7 weeks is really not long when put in perspective with your entire career.

G

Go .go ..go... be off with you.

Why are you even asking?

7 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things and think about what you will gain and how good it will look on your CV

Congratulations on getting this wonderful opportunity. Well done.

D

Go for it!!! What are you asking for indeed????? I would jump for the chance to go somewhere exciting and for so long as well! It's very good experience and will set you up with contacts which are the key to future jobs so well worth your time and effort. Just think of it as a break form your thesis but still working in your field networking which is just as important! Have fun!

U

...he never came back.

Rumours say the Chinese government thought he was a spy from Georgia and put him on death row.