A Check with my co 1st yrs

P

Quote From emmaki:

Well, I'd like to join the conversation! I enrolled in my PhD in August. Since then I had my registration, which included a formal research proposal. Also, I've done lots and lots  and loooot of reading (never imagined I would read so many things in less than a year!!!), written and given to my supervisors about 20000 words and have about 10000 more to give them. But the most enjoying things are those in May-June!!!! I have to write 2 presentations for conferences (one international, one student), do my pilot, transcribe 10 interviews in Greek and translate them in English, apply for a research permission in Greece, apply for an annual leave from my work (something like scholarship with funding) and write my 1st year report and (if I can make it) do my upgrade to PhD from MPhil!!!!!!!

Bear in mind I am studying part-time!!!!!!

Woooo! Clearly Emmaki has had the most productive year here! :-)

K

======= Date Modified 01 May 2009 22:30:27 =======
======= Date Modified 01 May 2009 22:30:00 =======
[/quote]Woooo! Clearly Emmaki has had the most productive year here! :-)[/quote]

Why did I want to join this thread again?:p:-)

E

:$
Nooooooo......I didn't have the most productive year!!!!! I believe we all did as much as we could this year. We are all good researchers/students and we all progress at a different pace, but produce good quality of work! Good luck to all of you!!

S

Hi all,

Just thought to drop some lines. Hope to get some replies which will boost my confidence.

I have been writing since the 1st month (started in Oct 08) and have written more than 20,000. My supervisors seem happy till last month but suddenly my last submission did not go well and I have been spending lots of time making corrections. So, must say working on my third draft this time...ohh god how time consuming it is going back to same stuff. I just wonder how all your writing goes. Sometimes I feel, I am very bad at writing. Sometimes I wonder whether it is normal to have lots of comments? Ohh...it is making me really worried.

P

Hi swetchha,

Feel like I should make my first post here. I've been doing my phd for 4 months now, and have barely wrote a thing! I've written 2000 words briefly summarising my research proposal, which will be built on slightly before going to ethics. Other than that I'm just creating participant information sheets and consent forms, along with attending meetings and presenting to the stakeholders of my project. Finding it hard to motivate myself to write, as I'm still trying to determine the exact focus of my study (I've determined the methodology and most of the methods, but still need a sampling framework).

Essentially what I'm getting at is that you've written far more than me! my study is what I'd call social sciences based. Must admit I also have worries about writing, particularly writing journal articles.