a little ray of light in the dark...

C

======= Date Modified 02 28 2010 00:28:07 =======
A paper of mine was published this week and I got tonight an amazingly complimentary email from one of the peer-reviewers who had hitherto been annonymous. I'm really suprised and happy that they went out of their way to read it again and contact me after the fact :)

I had a little blush of happy embarassment in my own company! :$

Since it is too late to text the boyfriend or friends to tell them - I thought I would post it here. Yay.

Any other rays of light in the thesis dark out there? ...

A

Well done, Chrisrolinski!

Can we toast 'article/thesis'? Anyway, congratulations again :)

well done indeed.

S

Excellent - well done Chrisrolinski!! That's very nice. Celebrate your success!

A

That's brilliant new Chrisrolinski, just what you needed to hear I'd imagine!! You should wear that blush proudly! I don't have much in the way of rays of light except that I've found out that I can go to live with my boyfriend when I'm writing up so I'm super chuffed with that! (up)

S

Oh that's just lovely :-) Well done you!!!! It must be so nice to receive a mail like that :-)

W

I'm really pleased for you, Chrisrolinski. Well done that man.

T

How wonderful that you got that validation of your work, you must have really impressed them!

And it's so lovely when someone goes out of their way to be positive, makes you feel all fuzzy about humanity :-)

C

Thanks, yes I am pleased because it gives me extra hope that my thesis will pass when I submit!! I don't want to create a brussel sprout of a thesis! (sprout)

W

So it should, Chrisrolinski. If you can get work published from it and get such a positive reaction, you have every reason to feel confident.

K

Fantastic Chrisrol, well deserved :-)

B

Belatedly catching up on this, but great news Chrisrolinski: well done!

And one tip from me: make sure you include your journal paper(s) in your thesis bibliography, if your supervisor tells you you should. I didn't (didn't think I should), and was told off by my examiners for not including mine! But then again they were also very pleasantly surprised to learn that I had a meaty relevant journal paper already ;-)

S

hi chrisolinksi!
thanks for sharing
satchi

C

That's brilliant, well done! Well deserved. I had a paper published this week too and so far I have only had one e-mail from a PhD student, but that was nice! The original reviews were amazing, though, so I live in hope that they will reveal themselves one day. It is in a weird (but really quite massive) journal which is run as an editorial collective, so the copyeditor is actually a massively important historian. Anyway, she e-mailed me after she had finished saying 'I have only had to make a very few changes to your excellent article'. I have to admit that I did a little happy dance around the room so I know how you feel! Enjoy it.