A Trout Recipe

O

http://atlanticsalmonanglers.com/geeklog/staticpages/index.php?page=20070802120854246

Actually, these appear to be historic trout recipes! Sort of interesting, anyway, to see the old language and cooking methods. I wonder if you could do a PhD in trout recipes through the ages.

O

Although these do sort of make me imagine Elmer Fudd reading aloud on how to prepare a fish!

H

Ah, there you are! I was beginning to wonder if a trout recipe had backfired and randomly combusted all of Bleak Towers!

O

Well, no, actually, I have yet to try to cook a trout in Bleak Towers! But Bleak Towers did provide an amazing experience in how lifts do not work after the fire alarm goes off, one spring evening as I returned from a day of studying and research at the university. I was met by the sight of the fire brigade pulling away, clusters of people standing around outside of Bleak Towers, and the incessant wail of an alarm.

O

It seemed that some entity besides the fire brigade had to come and turn off the alarm...??? which only took an ear shattering hour or more to happen. The lifts also were stalled and no idea how long those would take to come back into service. Given that I was bone weary and hungry, after hovering around the outside of Bleak Towers, but verifying it was OK to re-enter, I made the long trek up the stairs--I live several floors up, encountering on the way, people taking refuge from the alarm sound in the stair well.

O

Hunger won out over the need to hear from the next four days and the pain from my foot injury ( plantar faciatis..something like that, which if you have ever had, OUCH! its painful!!! ). Maslow's hierarchy of needs indeed, and I had a long trek up to the fridge of Bleak Towers, which yielded up some bread. I could not stand the noise and went outside again, back down all the stairs...finally the alarms went silent and the lifts began to work, and all was well again and peaceful at Bleak Towers. And we all lived happily ever after. The end.

P

Linking in with the post on how to save money, I got some smoked trout with lemon and dill butter for 39p a piece in the reduced section at Morrisons. haven' t tried it yet but I am sure it will be yummy!

R

I can't say I care much for trout but you can't go wrong with a nice bit of battered cod and chips!!!

If I do recall correctly Olivia? Your troat recipe suggestions began a number of months ago amidst a rather amusing 3 day episode involving a rather disturbed individual who decided this forum would be a suitable platform for him/her to unleash their wrath against the west

S

Olivia- havn't seen you around on the other forum lately? Hope everything is ok? It seems to have gone a bit dead in there but am trying to revive it!

O

The trout recipes started in a thread where someone was wanting to know what a "mouth breather" was, so I tried to help by explanining it was a particular sort of trout...and just for way of demonstration on the interest in trout, put up a few recipes. The conversation turned to thoughts of world wide culinary hegemony--and whether the trout was part of that plot---along with many other related issues!

O

Hi SillyBilly

I am still around, been busy with a variety of things, but all in a good way. I will try to call round to the other forum and see what is going on there. I am glad to here its going through a revival!