A vague and probably unanswerable question for you?

B

Hi

I am in the process of designing a questionnaire that should help me investigate some of the questions I have come up with. However, having obviously read the literature I am not sure if this work is actually contributing to the current arguements on the topic (Im finding this difficult to explain!). It is following up and continuing a trail of thought that was expressed by one author a few years ago and has since not been touch (I hear you grasp). I feel that my slant on this idea will make it more apealing. Do I sound (barking mad!!! lol) like it is something that should be investigated or given up to pursue the other topic (and follow like all the other sheep!!)

Cheers

S

so you want to explore a newish area...?? why not!!

A

Err- I don't think any of us will be really able to give you any advice on this. Have you asked your supervisor about his/her opinion?

Why was this trail of thought never picked up by anyone else? Has it been quoted by others?

B

Thanks for responses. I met with supervisor today. He likes the ideas but thinks I should approach in a different way. I guess that answers my question. Cheers