Advice for revision phase

J

Hi all,

I'm coming towards the end of my two weeks self-given holiday. Everyone else around me has submitted, apart from the one person with whom i share a submission date. So the pressure is on.

My submission date is 30th September. At the moment am thinking, get everything done by 15th September. So I am giving myself 6 weeks and allowing 2 weeks for supervisor's final look through before submitting.

Did anyone else use this kind of time frame? Did it work for you?

I have 7 chapters in total. 5 chapters form the body. All other chapters have been approved but the conceptual framework is weak. so i have to redo it. What am left to do is:

1) an entire reread & rewrite of the conceptual framework chapter 2 (am allowing 2 weeks)
2) final polish of ch.3 & 4 which are case study chapters(1 week)
4) final polish of ch.5 & 6 which is discussion and overview (1 week)
5) final polish of ch. 1 & 6 and do bibliography (1 week)
6) polish methodology (1 week)

I intent to be doing 12 hour days.

7am - 7pm divided into slots: 7am - 10am, 11am - 2pm, 3pm -7pm.

it will never be perfect... so i intend to hand in after doing this. :-(

B

======= Date Modified 28 Jul 2010 17:13:38 =======
Yes, I did something similar. I'm doing the final polish now. I'd say allow a few days extra towards the end just in case one of the tasks takes longer than expected. Also, allow enough time for formatting the thesis, printing, binding, etc. - they do seem to take longer than one thinks they will. Are you using a software for the Bibilography or does it have to be all typed out by you? If the latter, allow a day to go over the references and Bibliography to make sure it's all OK. Best of luck (up)

J

that is reassuring because my supervisor has decided to go quiet at the most inappropriate time! thanks.