Advice needed re applications

H

Hi guys im in a rather precarious position at the moment and I hope someone can offer some advice.

I graduated last year and had been working however I applied for several masters programme Finance/Management related subjects I have just found out the I have been rejected from all except one (which I am still waiting for a reply from).

Is there any knid of late application process, sort of clearing for post grad programmes. Any advice would be great.

My background is that I studied a Econ based degree at Bristol and graduated with a 2.2 (I had been predicted a 2.1 but had extenuating circumstances in the final year).

Thanks

D

Hi HT

As far as I know, there isn't a straight forward clearing system, as it's not like when you use ucas for an undergraduate degree. However, I applied late to do a masters (like 4 weeks ago) and got an offer. Your best bet is to phone up some places and see if they have deadlines, or if they have any places avalible.

As it gets closer to terms starting if courses havn't filled up places they are going to want people to fill them up.

Hope this helps

Delly x

R

To be fair, as much as I know, most uni's don't have a deadline for MA's they just wait for applications. It would be tight now if you still wanted to apply for october but if you sent your apps off and talked to the dept you might still get one, just stay positive!

S

To be blunt, Masters programmes are a cash cow for many universities, so I would be very surprised if at least one didn't accept you. I can only assume that the programmes you did apply for must have been the most prestigious ones and have filled up for the year. Likewise, a 2:2 shouldn't be a barrier. A phone call or two would indeed be a good idea.

T

Yep, I think you might get a bit further if you phone up the Course Secretary; they probably get loads of emails every day. Good luck! (up)