Advice needed

P

Hi All,
I am starting my post graduate study in Human Resource Management this September from UK. But now i have realized that i am capable of doing Phd. I should not waste my time in masters. I have done my Masters from Pakistan in HR with 3.45/4.00 CGPA. I applied again for Masters with the fear that i might get rejected for Phd program as i have 2 years bachelors degree (not 4 years). I have 5 years work experience in a multinational firm's HR.
Please advice if after studying few taught subjects, can i be moved to research program? How should i go about it?
Regards

D

Hi,

You might already be eligible now for a PhD programme - This, of course, all depends on where you apply to.

Are you willing / able to fund the full cost of a PhD programme without funding?

Is the new Masters' you are about to be begin ESRC accredited? Such Masters' cover research methdodology in depth and are in many instances seen as a good basis for a PhD programme. Some universities which offer these Masters' (eg. Warwick, Manchester and Lancaster) are likely to offer the better students full PhD scholarships.

P

My course has ESRC recognition. I will definately look for full/ partially funded Phd.
So should i start with this masters and then go for Phd.