Advice

G

Hi I have currently graduated with a 2:1 in Computer Communications & Networks and am now looking for MSc courses

Throughout my degree I've had to battle through useless Lecturers where I as a student feel I know about the subject than what is being taught to me.
Supervisors who only show there faces when they realise there apparent student must submit his dissertation proposal or final copy. I've been told by allot of Postgraduate students to simply expect the same, So how important is it to choose a university of good a good reputable structure or are the problems I faced in my undergrad something every student must simply just face up to and accept ?

Whilst I have found comfort in some lecturers who will put there students first, my MSc will be self funded and I really don't want to experience paying 6-7 thousand pounds of my savings to only be on the receiving end of such poor direction or any help ... Should I expect the same as Masters level ?

D

That's hard to say as this depends on the lecturers themselves and how much effort they put into teaching. It also depends on how well organised the courses are. The problems you describe are very common during PhDs so I guess it can occur at any level. You would expect that a course which comes from a reputable uni to be good though there's no way to be sure unless you know someone who has done it or the people teaching it.