After 3 years and 10 months...

C

Thanks all! Yes, I'll still be hanging around esp. in the postdoc section as I am going to be working in a university in a postdoctoral capacity. Of course I'll still check out the PhD life section as I dispense with my pearls of wisdom! ;)

B

Quote From chrisrolinski:

I feel relieved it is over and that I didn't fail but otherwise it doesn't seem real and I keep questioning whether it was really good enough and so on.

It took 5 days for my viva result to sink in properly. I can totally empathise with the incredibly relieved feeling though.

C

Congrats, Chris! This is so inspiring to read as I am struggling today (just over two weeks until I am to have my final draft to supervisors) and just want to curl up into a ball and SLEEP! Your last few weeks have given me hope that I can get this done and get through the viva. I remember from years back that we are at the same institution - I have a sneaky feeling that we may even have met (not a stalker, promise!) - so if you see someone around that has massive bags under their eyes and a vacant look in their eyes, able to think only of the thesis, it's probably me!

I am told that it is a proper anti-climax after the viva, but at least IT IS DONE! Woo hoo!

T

WooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!!

SO pleased for you Dr Chrisrolinski :-)

We never doubted your genius ;-)

K

Fantastic news, congratulations! Really pleased for you, have an awesome weekend!!!! KB

J

congratulations and well done!!!!

N

Fabulous news!! Well done and have a very well-deserved rest now, I'm SO pleased for you. Nxx

C

Thanks all!

Good luck Ce-CF!!! - if we have met I would have been male, tall, fairly scrawny, with dark hair and in the humanities. I worked in the library for a while in the first year before I had funding so you might have seen me there. I know one other person who used to use this forum clocked who I was in real life! ;)

S

Well done Chrisrolinski!!! Congratulations, that's fantastic, I'm so pleased for you. Now that you've done it, do you think it's all been worth it?

J

======= Date Modified 02 Aug 2010 11:52:05 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
-inappropriate content-

C

======= Date Modified 31 Jul 2010 12:45:48 =======
Ha ha, make that two people who have clocked who you are in real life. ;-) Unless I have told you before and I have forgotten - a distinct possibility. Don't worry, I won't blow your cover if you don't blow mine, but let's just say that I am a modern historian who may have edited a special issue of a journal last year with some great little articles in it ... *Whistles nonchalantly; tries not to draw too much attention to herself.*

Anyway, I need luck, definitely, but congrats DR Chrisrolinski! I hope it has started to sink in and see you around. :-)

D

Great news! If I remember, things were very tough for you near the end of your write up but you stuck it out and hopefully this is the start of a new and better phase in your life. Many congratulations!(up)

A

======= Date Modified 31 Jul 2010 22:55:03 =======
Congratulations Chrisrolinski!! That is fantastic news! :)

everyone around me seems to be finishing at the moment, and its great for giving me that last bit of momentum to keep going and join you all in post-PhD bliss!!

Well done on the minor corrections, i knew you would!! I hope i do too, I really don't think I could cope with more!!!

HOw was the viva? i'm starting to get sick to the stomach thinking of mine and its' still 2 months away!

Anyway, well done and enjoy, you deserve a relax, wine and some partying! :)

AL xx :p

B

Well done. Fantastic news. And as others have said, it's an inspiration for those of us submitting soon!!