AGHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - WHY OH WHY OH WHY WHY

D

Group SCREAMMMMM AGRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AGHR
no that doesnt feel better

S

try opening the window (preferably at midnight) and shout ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH at the top of your voice. Works a treat!

R

Or really express what your problem is! (or maybe was). I know it sounds pedantic yet writing down what happened to you, what it felt to you and what you are going to do about it may help.

J

Yeah. Life is rubbish. PhD life particularly. It does suck a lot. Me wanna scream too.

I

life is like a roller-coaster baby

look at our (but not rick's) posting times... and I frequently read until morning. Do you think a messed up body clock causes problems or do problems cause our messed-up body clocks? Discuss.

D

i initiated a supervisor change. Now no one in my group is talking to me - especially the other academics. Which means none of them in my research group are agreein to supervise me. Which means i am annoyed and in need of screaming. I might have to move groups, which means moving seats etc. I am an academic outcast. Have already been told that unless I make an amazingly fantastic discovery i am no way staying on in acadmia. What joy. Sorry for the rant. Hopefully will have some better news later on. Life is great eh???

J

To driven2insanity:

You're on the right track. I think you have better chances of making an original contribution by working apart from an academic clique that is only concerned with reinforcing the existing "paradigm" as Tommy Kuhn argued.