Am I the only one working on a Saturday??

J

I'm off chums! I have enjoyed your company on this lovely Sat afternoon.

PS: Olivia I love filter coffee but sometimes I am just *that* lazy that I will have instant for ease. I am English and therefore have a relatively uneducated palate when it comes to coffee...

Good luck all!

C

I didn't manage to finish my chapter last night, so I am up tonight doing it until I have finished it. I did some work this afternoon, and probably have four or five hours left.... I hope.

T

working can be a pleasure; in that case, it is a blessing..

S

we are supposed to work weekends, havent done it in some while though
i am a fan of green tea.... i am freak about dental hygiene, and green tea is so much better health wise....

C

About another hour of formatting and a proof read or two and I am DONE. yay. i 3 8 hours sleep ;-x

I've been working today too. I'm delivering my first paper next week and am working like an undergraduate finalist!ahhh that adrenalin (not sure I spelt that right) rush again. Have been working since about midday and stopped about 9.30. Don't papers take alot of work?... Must get off the laptop now and rest for more work tomorrow.

S

i read for seven hours today - 7 weeks until i'm free and going to london! gonna go to the library tomorrow/today too, i still have 250 pages to read tomorrow... somehow that sounds a tad unrealistic.

J

I'm still up

C

I emailed my chapter off to the sups 15 minutes ago. So relieved. Now for some quality sleep for the first time in ages...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

J

How many supervision meetings did you all have during your PhD. I just counted and realised that over the course of three years I only had 29 supervision meetings! In total.

J

Chris, before you go sleeping, please make a few back ups (Pen drive, email and so on)

C

Thanks, always back up to email and usb. I lost too much work as a undergraduate to do that now! I used to loose essays in the middle of the night = the day before they were due in. my old laptop was awful!

I had supervisions every four weeks for the first year and a half, i now get them every six weeks or so...

Night y'all

W

I'm coming to the end of my third year and I've had approximately 15 meetings with my supervisors (that's not counting brief meetings to sign forms, etc)

A

if it makes any of you feel any better i wish i'd worked yesterday. instead i spent £100 i haven't got on clothes i don't need...would have been much better working on my literature review...

S

Oh dear, u do sounds so .....Come on, life goes on yea, take it easy. Certainly, u will look luvly / smart in ur new dress / shirt. Contentment is the philosopher’s stone, which turns all it toucheth in2 gold; the poor man is rich with it; the rich man poor without it. Hopefully u can recollect d story of d person without legs staring at a shoe being happier than a bloke whom feels so sad realising he yet to have enough ££ to purchase d shoe. Cheers