Any budding TV presenters

B

Its on BBC2 in the autumn. At the moment its called Mind Masters, but that's liable to change...

I have to warn you all though, my real name isn't Bobby...hehehe!x

H

Ooooh, I can't wait to watch "Bobby".

The most glamorous thing I have ever done is voice-overs

J

H, that's more than I've ever done! When I hear my voice on tape it sounds really nasal and childish
I hate looking at photo's of myself so the last thing I'd want is too see my mug on telly. But I'm excited that a Forumite is going to be on TV: Bobby, we're all waiting! Next thing you know you'll be doing interviews in the Guardian and writing a book.

One in the eye for anyone who's ever looked down on you too (specially those snobs you referred to in another thread about you getting together with your tutor).

H

I just remembered Juno, when I was working as a lab chemist, there was this film crew around making some kind of film about the company (I think?). It happened that I had put on about 100 rxns on the mega-shaker and it looked pretty good. They filmed me turning it off, taking a sample of one of the rxns and going off with it.

Dunno what happened with the film, I left a few months after!

I've done a voice over too, both times for my foreign accent, not because I have a nice voice or something. It's a bit silly in a way. Because one of them was for a program about Greece, and the other one related to Brazil. I am not from either of those countries

J

You never know when it may turn up...

When I was in industry a delegation of Chinese pharmacists -none of whom spoke English - were shown around the labs. I was minding my own business when I felt an arm around my shoulder; I looked up and one of the Chinese delegates was doing a big cheesy grin with his arm round me and all his colleagues taking photo's; don't know what that was about. I'm probably in some Chinese company brochure now.

A

Lab photos are generally dreadful! Photographers always seem to want you to do really stupid poses i.e the classic holding something (test tube/beaker/microtube) filled with something (blood/interesting coloured substance/nothing at all) up to the light and staring thoughtfully at it. Or else they want you to being holding a Gilson pipette in one hand and a volumetric flask in the other but they don't want the Gilson to have a tip on the end...

I was photographed recently in the lab (long hair down, no safety specs, not good from a Health & Safety point of view!) and the photographer got really stroppy because I refused to pose lounging across an HPLC system! I do have some professional integrity...!

images like this one Ann? http://www.findapostdoc.com/firstmain.asp

I

LOL - 404, you are the 'imagemaster'. (*applause*)

I was an extra (in fact I was about 3 extras coz of costume changes) in a film called 'Heart' with Christopher Eccleston. An amazing experience... but straight to video

nice I like Christopher Eccleston. (just checked the film on imdb)

wow Rhys Ifans was in it too. Did you get to meet him?

I

saw him but didn't speak - not in the same scenes (check me out!).

Blimey, I just worked it out... It was almost 10 years ago.

A

Hehe 404, yes, just like that one!

B

Hey guys! Well I thought I'd keep you updated. This media lark is really difficult to combine with my academic work. I'm sometimes doing 14 hour days and then trying to come into the Lab. I have lost 9lbs in 3 weeks...STRESS!