Any neuroscience PhD students here?

Y

I'm working with electrophysiology.

C

Not me - but I'm a neuroscience undergrad turned cardiovascular PhD student... Hello

M

Kinda...

D

hey, neuroscience student here, working on the retina.

B

Cognitive neuroscience...fMRI and genetic imaging, probably not any help, huh?

Y

Nice to meet you all, neuroscientists!
Where are you doing your PhD?
I'm in London.

M

Meant to be Sheffield. As a result of being ill over summer, I'm temping. Ugh, dirty dirty.

K

I'm kind of neuroscience, working on pain, will be doing e-phys but haven't started that part yet.

M

Hey Katq, where are you, and what sort of pain work are you doing? Suonds similar to what I was meant to do.

K

I'm working on neuropathic pain, making a transgenic mouse at the moment (boring) but when thats done will be testing it (interesting)! What were you going to do/are you doing?

M

I was going to be looking at glutamate receptor trafficking and synaptic plasticity in the spinal cord in response to neural injury. But then I got ill over the summer and couldn't start.

C

Oooh that's all very exciting There's still a neuroscientist in me somewhere

M

"Oooh that's all very exciting There's still a neuroscientist in me somewhere "

There's a dirty joke in there somewhere...

I

Hello All,

Did my UG and Masters in Neuroscience (ephys). Now doing a PhD on memory (immunno/histo/ephys (patch and invivo)/behavioural - maze) all to ascertain the effects a certain whole body disorder has on the brain.

Anyone else doing a PhD so broad?

M

Hey Irishfella, the first PhD I was offered, which I rejected, sounds very similar to what you're doing. Where are you based?